[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - UFC heavyweight Frank Mir: "My goal is to take off Brock Les

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:36 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: UFC heavyweight Frank Mir: "My goal is to take off Brock Les
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:45 pm 
UFC heavyweight Frank Mir: "My goal is to take off Brock Lesnar's arm"

UFC heavyweight Frank Mir: "My goal is to take off Brock Lesnar's arm"
by John Morgan on Nov 27, 2009 at 3:20 pm ET
Former UFC heavyweight champion Frank Mir finds himself in an interesting position.

With heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar sidelined indefinitely, and injuries and infections forcing contenders such as Gabriel Gonzaga and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira to delay or cancel fights, Mir's position in the division continues to rise.

But Mir recently told MMAjunkie.com that while a potential second run as interim champion could prove interesting, it would only serve as a path to Lesnar.

"The long-term goal for me and my own satisfaction is to take off Brock Lesnar's arm," Mir said. "At the end of the day, that's what my goal is when I go to the gym and train. But being an interim champion would get me one step closer to doing so."

Mir is busy preparing for a Dec. 12 bout with Cheick Kongo on the main card of "UFC 107: Penn vs. Sanchez." But Mir admitted a rematch with Lesnar, who is currently out while recuperating from intestinal surgery, is always on his mind.

"[Lesnar's sickness] has thrown my mind for a spin," Mir said. "When you go in the gym, you've got a certain goal that you're going for and going for. Not that he was, obviously, my next opponent, but to face him again was the long-term goal – the short-term goals being obviously Cheick and whoever else. Now I've just got to turn it around that the interim would be another short-term goal."

Mir defeated Lesnar in the former WWE superstar's February 2008 debut with the UFC, but a July rematch at UFC 100 didn't yield the same results. The trash talk between the two didn't stop even after the fight, and Mir wants nothing more than to revisit the result.

UFC president Dana White hasn't yet committed to the need for an interim title, and Lesnar's return date has not yet been determined. But with a win over Kongo, Mir's name would have to be placed near the top of an increasingly impressive roster of heavyweight fighters that includes Shane Carwin, Junior Dos Santos and Cain Velasquez along with Gonzaga and Nogueira.

And while an interim title shot would give Mir a third run as a UFC champion, the 30-year-old said it will just be a step toward his ultimate focus.

"If Brock Lesnar is unable to enter the cage again, that's going to give me a hard time," Mir said. "That's been pretty much my drive and focus to go to the gym every day, to change myself and grow as a fighter, is the opportunity to have a rematch with him. To know that there's a slight possibility that that will never happen, that's going to take me [some time] to wrap my head around it."

http://mmajunkie.com/news/17010/ufc-hea ... rs-arm.mma

Post subject: Re: UFC heavyweight Frank Mir: "My goal is to take off Brock Les
PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:07 pm 
Site Admin

And we want nothing more then to see them fight again :)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: UFC heavyweight Frank Mir: "My goal is to take off Brock Les
PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:53 am 
Special

here here!

..::::..
..::::..

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]