[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Jon Jones admits he could have fought despite injury

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:59 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Jon Jones admits he could have fought despite injury
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:10 am 
Special

For all the latest UFC talking points, including predictions for UFC 129, don't miss the latest ESPN UFC Podcast on Wednesday

Jon Jones has confessed he could have fought Rashad Evans, but he opted to sort out an ongoing injury in order to prolong his career.

Jones pulled out of his maiden UFC light-heavyweight title defence against Evans on Monday, revealing a torn ligament in his hand. As a result, Phil Davis will step in at UFC 133 on August 6.

The 205lb champion admits he has persisted with the problem throughout his MMA career, and he could have done so against Evans, but he did not want to antagonise the injury and develop it into something more damaging in his career.

"[The torn tissue in my right hand in the area between my thumb and forefinger] is an injury that's been recurring since I was a college wrestler," Jones explained with Authentic Sport Management.

"It doesn't affect my punching or grappling, but I am taking the time and the proper measures to correct this now, so that it doesn't happen again.

"I look forward to getting back to training and to my first title defence. As for Rashad, let's see what happens with Phil Davis. I will be watching that fight with great interest."

Evans has already turned his focus to Davis, although he warned Jones that he will be waiting when the champion returns.

"I'm looking forward to fighting Phil Davis August 6th at UFC 133, he's a strong wrestler and a rising star in the light-heavyweight division," Evans said. "I wish Jon Jones a speedy recovery, he has something that belongs to me and when he's ready, I'll be waiting."

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]