[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Martin Kampmann: “I Want To Get Back to Knocking People Out”

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:44 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Martin Kampmann: “I Want To Get Back to Knocking People Out”
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:13 am 
Martin Kampmann: “I Want To Get Back to Knocking People Out”

Through 11 fights in the UFC, Martin Kampmann has picked up a lot of victories a lot of different ways, but now he’s ready to try out a new one.

As he trained for his fight against Diego Sanchez in the main event of UFC on Versus 3 in Louisville, Ky., this week, Kampmann learned a valuable lesson from his last fight that he wants to carry into this one.

Kampmann lost a razor close decision to current top contender Jake Shields last year. He blames himself for the outcome, and promises it will never happen again.

“I did a lot of mistakes in that fight. I think I could of won it, and it was basically giving it away, through my mistakes. I was trying to hard to submit him and I should have just stuck to punching him in the face instead,” Kampmann told MMAWeekly Radio recently.

He comes from a diverse background learning both kickboxing and grappling. In his early days with the UFC, he was pegged primarily as a striker, but with four submission victories out of his eight wins in the UFC, he’s ready to knock someone out.

“I want to go in there and dictate the pace. I want to punch him in the face every time he tries to get in there, and I want to get back to my old days,” Kampmann said. “I want to get back to knocking people out. I started in boxing and Thai boxing, and I think it’s time to get back to my roots and start beating people up and standing again.”

While he continuously works in all areas of the game, Kampmann loves wrestling and jiu-jitsu, but he believes it’s high time to put his fist in someone’s face and watch them crash to the canvas.

Still, coming into a match-up with a fighter of Diego Sanchez’s abilities, and knowing that he has a diverse wrestling and submission background, Kampmann tells him not to sleep on his own ground game.

“I’ve trained submission wrestling for a long time as well, but I kind of got labeled as a striker when I first got into the UFC, even though I spent a lot of time in submission wrestling as well. For some reason people are underestimating my ground game always, but I think I have a pretty decent ground game,” Kampmann commented.

When the fight is over, he doesn’t seem to care much how he gets his hand raised, as long as it’s his hand being raised. He does admit however that putting someone away on the feet would feel really good right about now.

“I like to win, period,” Kampmann stated. “If Diego’s going to give me submissions, of course I’m going to take it, cause I’m in there to get the win, but I think the fans definitely appreciate knockouts more than submissions, and I don’t have any knockouts in the UFC yet, so I think it’s about time.”

If Kampmann’s strategy comes to fruition, he believes he’ll walk out of Kentucky with a win on his record. One thing he won’t do however is celebrate the way his opponent does
http://mmaweekly.com/martin-kampmann-i- ... people-out

“I think I’m going to leave the cartwheels to Diego.”

Post subject: Re: Martin Kampmann: “I Want To Get Back to Knocking People Out”
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:32 am 
Site Admin

When I saw the title I knew Kam made the post :)) Still! Kampmann IS looking great. I expect him to kick some ass in the future too!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:49 am 
Special

kampman is the man, this is one fight we are sure is gonna be great as long as they both do what they do best, there is a small chance diego gets a jab takedown avoid the scrambles gameplan from his coaches, otherwise fight of tha night is an almost certainty \m/ .
hope we will see allot of ground work though as both guys go for submissions from every position possible :-*

..::::..

Favourite .. FIGHTer: Chan Sung Jung
Best looking FIGHTer: Michelle Waterson
Best retired FIGHTer: Bas Rutten
Best P4P ... FIGHTer: Anderson The Spider Silva!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:37 pm 
Special

should be a good fight... cant wait! \m/

FUCK YOU AND ALLLLLLLLLLL YOUR BELTS... >=\

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:21 pm 
Special

Gonna be tough to KO Sanchez, he has a good chin.

Should be an epic fight either way.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]