[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - UFC file suit against Justin TV...Zuffa war on streams

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:07 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: UFC file suit against Justin TV...Zuffa war on streams
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:59 pm 
Special

After formerly subpoenaing the live-streaming site, officials from the Ultimate Fighting Championship today announced they officially have filed suit against Justin.tv in the United States District Court for the District of Nevada.

Zuffa LLC alleges copyright and trademark infringement due to the site's "rampant and illegal uploading" of live UFC pay-per-view events.

An attorney for Zuffa LLC said the organization gave the website a chance to comply.

"Zuffa has attempted to work on numerous occasions with Justin.tv over nearly a two-year period to encourage it to prevent or limit its infringing activities," Zuffa's Las Vegas attorney, Donald J. Campbell, stated in a press release. "Regrettably, Justin.tv has not only turned a blind eye to the massive online piracy occurring on its website, we believe it has actually induced its users to commit copyright infringement thus leaving Zuffa no alternative but to take this fight to the courts."

The UFC is the largest provider of PPV content in the world with 145 countries and territories receiving the events.

As MMAjunkie.com previously reported, the UFC first amped up its fight against online piracy this past July. After reaching "confidential settlements" with more than 500 businesses and individuals as a result of illegal broadcasts and viewing of UFC events. Officials then subpoenaed Justin.tv and Ustream.tv – two sites with user-provided live video content – due to their broadcasts of illegally uploaded UFC content. Zuffa demand they reveal the identities of users who uploaded UFC content.

Despite the efforts, today's announcement alleges that more than 50,000 people watched live Justin.tv streams of October's UFC 121 event. Third-party contractors hired and paid for by Zuffa removed more than 200 infringing live streams of UFC 121 from the site, according to the release.

The UFC annually offers approximately a dozen PPV offerings and in 2009 earned an estimated $350 million in PPV revenue. The events cost $44.95 each ($55.95 for the HD version) both via cable/satellite providers and via official online outlets.

Currently, the promotion has just a handful of authorized online PPV affiliates – UFC.com, Yahoo! Sports and MMAFighting.com, for example – who charge the same $44.95 fee. Lawrence Epstein, the UFC's general legal counsel, said the Internet price is mandated by the promotion's contract with pay-per-view providers such as DirecTV and DISH Network and cannot be lowered.

All other outlets – including those who charge a discounted fee – are doing so illegally, Epstein said.

In the UK we are lucky with ESPN America the home of the free..if you have cash it seems.

Shout to MMA Junkie.

..::::..

Post subject: Re: UFC file suit against Justin TV...Zuffa war on streams
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 3:45 pm 
Site Admin

They have been after streams since years now, this is basicly same news as 2-3 years ago, and I understand why. Its not same to compete with the PPV streaming it live... as sharing a recorded copy afterwards. I dont think this will affect us. But thanks for the heads up. (%)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:00 pm 
Special

i get why they are pissed off and trying to stop this...
but the ufc has to realise that people using streams are never going to pay for it anyway...
they use the streams BECAUSE they dont want to pay...
i will watch a ufc event if its on tv for free...
i will go to the pub to watch ufc ppv's for free...
i will even get anally raped on ticket prices to go see ufc events live...
but i would never pay to watch anything on ppv... its waaaaay too expensive and pointless...
plus you can just download it for free afew hours later...
if its results you seek check wiki or mmaweekly for live results...

the point im trying to make is this...
the people they are trying to stop will never pay anyway...
so ufc can either let them enjoy the brand and keep afew more (albeit deadbeat) fans...
or they can shut those sites down and lose those casual fans they could have kept...

its like people who pay for shit on itunes...
i feel like punching those people in the face really hard and saying "you can get that shit for free so WAKE THE FUCK UP!" L-)

FUCK YOU AND ALLLLLLLLLLL YOUR BELTS... >=\

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:57 pm 
Special

I think you just described every user of this wonderful site. We hate paying for PPV, we watch it if its available free at home or a bar/pub, we download the event anyway when we get home from any activity, especially when we get home from watching the event live to add the goodness to our libraries, if we did have a chance we would have checked the results before downloading or for those of us who don't like spoiling then would wait like a kid for a christmas present. I think this is why as kids we always want to be little pirates, and in a way this dream lives all the way through adulthood.

I only disagree with you about the people who buy shit on iTunes. Yes, it can all be obtained for free. However, we need those people to mask our presence. Otherwise, the industry might get more vigilant on finding the pirates finding us and making an example. Just like you would buy an expensive ticket to see a live UFC event, someone else might love an artist to contribute $1.49 for their work or whatever the cost of a song on itunes is.

Think of us as the few that are blessed with this knowledge :)

much love, peace

2017-2018

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:09 pm 
Special

We are so small part of UFC fans (omitted MMA intentionally) that anyone hired by Zuffa can't be arsed about us cos they are probably paid by effective work. Before trying to bring us down they would probably become members and as everyone they could see stats of completed downloads of all UFC 125 main event releases for example. I think they have more motivation tracking down pubs who pay casual PPV rates instead of ones for public places.

As I've mentioned in one of previous threads; geographically most of the downloads are from countries where UFC isn't available in any form, PPV or FTA. Are we doing any harm to Zuffa? No! Even if we were all from USA just by looking at all releases of 125 PPV we are insignificant.

What was my knowledge of UFC before I started digging into MMA sharing communities? Bunch of weak gays fighting in a cage on Playstation. Cover was equally gay with one fag kneeing other fag. Now I know it was Tito kneeing Mask and reason for calling them fag and gay was cos only thing we knew was that all UFC fighters got destroyed outside USA. Accuracy of that is questionable but I'm just telling what perception of UFC was in my part of the world.

I doubt that I'm alone with MMA sharing being actual gateway to UFC. I still don't have access to PPV or FTA beside streams but I have access to buying UFC merchandise and so do others. UFC doesn't see a dime from me for PPV but they sure did for that shirt standing meter away from me or for some other goodies.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:50 am 
Site Admin

Fact also remains that

* Even if you pay for the PPV you might want to keep a nice archive of the events with prelimns etc. If you forgot to DVR an event you would be f-ed if it wasnt for what we do. (You might not even own a DVR).

* We create new UFC fans! If you are hesitant and want to learn more this is the place! After watching a few events you will end up buying a ticket to a live event, getting a PPV or buying dvds or merchandize 100% once you get hooked. I know I did.

* We are not competitng with the PPV. We are archiving it for an eternal future wich should be good for the world as a whole in a longer perspective. What we do is create an incredible archive of material that can benefit both people that want to become UFC fighters and people that are huge UFC fans. Without us 99% of all the material would be LOST! Im sure that in 100 years people will look back at torrents and filesharing as something that saved history for the future in a never before seen way. Not even the world wide web itself with all its webpages can claim to archive as much important material as the people using the sharing communities effectively do.

* Our members are international from all over the world and over 50% are not from the USA. This means that in many cases we cant even get the channels or broadcasters necesarry to watch the events or tv shows. If it wasnt for being able to download them we would never ever have become MMA fans. We would simply not know it existed. There wouldnt be pressure on our local broadcasters to start doing PPV's or MMA related shows. There would be no political pressure to legalize MMA in our countries. Hell, we wouldnt even know we loved MMA! This is our saviour and why we could become fans!

These are just a few reasons out of thousands why there is no reason to persecute us and Im sure that Zuffa is aware of them.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:16 am 
Special

i have no dvr... :(

FUCK YOU AND ALLLLLLLLLLL YOUR BELTS... >=\

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:00 pm 
Special

I can only talk for my self, i pay for ESPN and watch the events on there, however i like to watch events again and again so i built up a library, I pay the ufc in terms of buying t shirts, hoodies and tickets to live events.
The majority of fans here are the same, most of the people not all but most are as someone said, people who will watch it free but never put anything back in.

I feel and like to think our site here is a great tool for MMA fans in the way it allows you to gain more awareness of this great sport, Dana knows sites like this open eyes and makes people wanna get involved and go to events buy shirts and support the brand, its 2011 this cyber world is the media tool of choice it is the way to communicate and educate.

American fans have it Raw to be fair they pay 50 dollars a ppv and if they dvr it it gets wiped 30 days later, we have it good here.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]