[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - "Bigfoot" wants Overeems Big Brother next.

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:01 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: "Bigfoot" wants Overeems Big Brother next.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:51 pm 
Special

Coming from Paraiba, Brazil, it is the norm for a brother to avenge a brothers loss.

Former Elite XC Champion Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva is hoping a win over Valentijn Overeem will bring Big Brother Alistair out of the wood work for a real barn burner.

If "Bigfoot" does beat little Overeem then a title fight maybe on the cards in the near future.

The event takes place Dec. 4 at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis and airs on Showtime.

"Maybe his brother Alistair will pick up the ball," Silva was quoted saying: "If it was my brother and someone beat him up, I surely would. But I am from Paraiba."

Silva (14-2 MMA, 1-1 SF) has been out of action for 7 long months and is brimming with excitement to fight again.

During the month of August Antonio was due to meet Fedor at the Dec 4 fight card, talks did take place but broke down, Silva said: "I really have a hard time dealing with the uncertainty; it really messes me up," Silva said. "I would like to take the opportunity to thank Strikeforce for getting me this fight. This is what I do for a living, and I need to fight."

During May's "Strikeforce ST. Louis: Heavy Artillery" event Antonio Silva earned a decision victory over former UFC heavyweight champion Andre Arlovski. This was Silva's 7th win out of his last 8, his only loss coming to the now Strikeforce Champion Fabricio Werdum (14-4-1 MMA, 3-0 SF) which took place in November 2009. Although "Bigfoot" is on a tear he has been matched up against Valentijn (28-25) who despite his uneven record is a very talented Mixed Martial Artist.

Silva said: "As with all my opponents, I will give all the respect he deserves. A fight is a fight, no matter what a guy's record is. Valentjn has a lot of experience, so in no way will I let myself think he is an easy opponent."

Despite his next challenge Silva has publicly stated he'd welcome a fight against Fedor who in June experienced his first loss out of 28 fights, a loss that came to the hands of Werdum during their "Strikeforce and M-1 Global: Fedor vs Werdum". Fedor instantly requested a rematch which certainly angered "Bigfoot", he was quoted as saying: "The Russian's request for an immediate rematch with Werdum rubbed him the wrong way"

"Fedor is acting like a guy who is after a girl that doesn't want anything to do with him," Silva said. "Fedor, get over it. Werdum doesn't want anything with you."

Antonio also had some strong words for recently Strikeforce signed Josh Barnett.

"I would love to fight him," Silva said. "I think he should be a little more humble, though. He just got on the bus, and he already wants to sit up front with the driver? Get in line, Josh."

Feeling as though he has waited long enough, Silva is hoping he is one fight away from a title fight.

"I want to fight the best, and I want to test myself," he said

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/oth ... -next.html

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]