[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - UFC Star wants random drug tests...

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 1:32 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: UFC Star wants random drug tests...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:48 am 
Special

Josh Koscheck thinks that his fight with welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre should have Olympic-style blood testing ...and the champ agrees.

"From what I've heard from other fighters in other camps, yeah, [St-Pierre] has done steroids and HGH, possibly," Koscheck said. "I don't know. This is just on hearsay information that I've gotten.

"B.J. Penn and his camp gave me a little phone call. They were saying, 'Yeah, he's on steroids. He's this; he's that.' I said, 'Yeah, there's a possibility.' The guy is pretty ripped all year round."

Koscheck was very careful not to directly accuse GSP of cheating, but is all for the testing. "I would love to do it; why not?" Koscheck asked. "I think Olympic-style testing would be great for our sport. At least you do it a couple times out from the fight.

"I think it will be a great idea."

St-Pierre said that he thinks cheaters need to be caught early before performance enhancers have a chance to ruin the sport. He also is happy with Olympic testing.

"I have no problem; anytime he wants," St-Pierre said. "I stand for that more than anybody else. I stand for this, and I just hope it's going to happen soon. I know a lot of people cheat in this sport, and it's unacceptable.

"I'm for random drug testing. There's nobody in the UFC that agrees more with random testing then me. ... Anything they want, I don't care. I give my body to science."

St-Pierre is not surprised by the accusations, but he squarely denies any wrongdoing. "I'm not a coward," he said. "Anyone that uses steroids is a cheater. I don't need to cheat to win. I am like I am, and I'm somebody that is not a coward.

"I'm not afraid of Josh Koscheck, and I don't need to cheat to beat him. I'm going to beat him by the book and using the right way."

That said, St-Pierre wants testing implemented as soon as possible. "I just hope that it's going to happen and happen soon," St-Pierre said. "I want it to happen. I don't know who uses [performance-enhancing drugs]. I have no idea, and I'm not going to say any names, but I want it to happen soon. What's happening now, it's going to be bad. It's going to be like a certain other sport. I don't want to say the name of the sport, but it's not going to be the best fighter that wins the fight.

"Now, what makes a good fighter is a lot of genetics, the style, the skills, the heart. Now there is another factor that influences the fight: the team of doctors behind the fighter. This should not be an element that helps a fighter to win a fight. That's something I am against. It's not everybody that stands for that, and I don't. I think everybody should be testing like the Olympic Games."

For his part Koscheck was talking gameplans, but didn't pass up the opportunity to throw in another barb.

"I plan on making Georges stand toe-to-toe with me," Koscheck said. "This isn't going to be a wrestling match. I'm going to force him to stand-up with me because I believe he doesn't have knockout power. We've just got to pray to God that he doesn't grease up, and he gets off that juice so that we can equal things about it.

"I just want to let him know that if he's going to do that, it doesn't matter. I'm still going to beat you because it can't make the chin that much stronger. His chin's still weak."

..::::..

Post subject: Re: UFC Star wants random drug tests...
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:17 am 

Sounds like a pre-emptive strike from Koscheck, so if he loses he will already have mentioned greasing up/steroids as a factor in any loss. He knows GSP is going to take it to the ground early and look to finish as soon as he can, coming off the decision win over Dan Hardy GSP clearly feels he owes it to the fans to put in a decisive win.

Koscheck is clearly crapping his pants!

I really can't stand that guy...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:54 am 
Special

i hated kosh but now i like the guy...well his fight style he is a good fighter and never says no to a fight kinda guy that would fight every ppv, he was a tit on ultimate fighter but you cannot fault his ethic as a pro.

good insight stevie never thought of that...lol...he already knows he lost so getting the excuses ready.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:25 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:31 pm 
Special

:idea: Every sport should be made as clean as possible.
enough said, its good to hear a great fighter with a good fisique like Koscheck ask for better testing.

Favourite .. FIGHTer: Chan Sung Jung
Best looking FIGHTer: Michelle Waterson
Best retired FIGHTer: Bas Rutten
Best P4P ... FIGHTer: Anderson The Spider Silva!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]