[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Alex reid fight of his life...big fight off

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 11:41 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Alex reid fight of his life...big fight off
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 8:50 pm 
Special

JORDAN'S cagefighter hubby Alex Reid has pulled out of his much-hyped bout with Tom 'Kong' Watson - with just a month to go.
Cross-dressing Alex was said to be "gutted" at having to withdraw from the clash thanks to a leg injury.

He was meant to use the skills he picked up filming Bravo reality series The Fight Of His Life in the May clash.

But yesterday, Watson, who questioned Alex's commitment to the battle after he jetted off on holiday with wife Jordan on Tuesday, broke the news on his website that it wouldn't be going ahead.

Fuming ... Tom Watson
He blasted Alex as a "complete joke" and accused him of living off the glamour girl, real name Katie Price.

Watson said he'd feared the cross dresser was going to pull for weeks after complained of a knee injury, but then became convinced he would take part after appearing on This Morning last week and claiming he could beat him.

The fighter fumed: "Upon BAMMA constantly questioning his lack of dedication, Alex's representatives (his lawyer) stated that he is just not in shape and is not prepared enough to fight.

"From my perspective, I am so angry at the way he has disrespected me in his behaviour. He has shown no concern for the money I have spent travelling back and forth and in camp for this fight.

"All of this money I'm sure Alex has no concern for now he is living off his celebrity wife, but for me as a fighter trying to make enough money just to be able to eat and pay my rent I am seriously out of pocket."

He went on: "I am now working with BAMMA and my management to bring in a top American opponent last minute. I just wish I'd had more time to prepare for whoever that style may be but hey, this is what REAL FIGHTERS do.

"Enjoy your new lifestyle and fame Mr Reid because I'm sure its not only me but many other people now who categorise you as a complete JOKE with no class to just stand up and be a man."

But Alex's promoter Dave O'Donnell insisted there was nothing he could do to recover from his injury sufficiently before the fight.

He said the beefy Big Brother champ told him yesterday how devastated he was to pull out.

Dave told TV Biz: "I've known Alex for ten years and he's never pulled out of a fight before.

"He's gutted he's had to do this but fighters pull out of clashes all the time. He really genuinely can't fight because of his injury.

"Hopefully he'll be back fighting later this year."

Earlier this month Alex, 34, appeared on This Morning and said he wouldn't have entered the competition if he didn't think he could win.

And he also insisted that he'd prove everyone wrong who thought he was in the position to do the fight purely because of his celebrity status.

He is currently holidaying with Jordan, real name Katie Price, her son Harvey and her horse trainer Andrew Gould and his wife Polly in Egypt.

What a waste of a 6 part series hyping the fight...Watson has been mugged off by this below par MMA wannabe

..::::..

Post subject: Re: Alex reid fight of his life...big fight off
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:12 pm 

I wanted to see this fight, mainly because I thought Kong would beat the snot out of Reid - after all, no one 'prepares' for 'the fight of his life' by going off around the world to learn a bunch of Martial Arts that he's never trained in before. :roll: Then, to injure himself, presumably in the process of making his two-bit TV show....FFS. :!:

This has been a big (ish) stunt to prolong Reid's time in the public eye and try to use Kong's credibility as a very good UK fighter to re-affirm Reid as a fighter, after 7 fights without a win and two-and-a-half years away from the ring. I remember him from back in the day when he was a game fighter taking on Weir, Silva and Rivera - now he's just a celebrity andd EX-FIGHTER.

He has shown Kong, BAMMA & real MMA fans zero respect.

Post subject: Re: Alex reid fight of his life...big fight off
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:48 pm 
Special

Hope Reid Gets Better Soon :mrgreen:

CAIN VELASQUEZ Wins By Ground & Pound Leaves Brock Lesnar With Tunnel Butt!!!

TOP 13 FIGHTERS
Rousimar Palhares
Chan Sung Jung
Mariusz Pudzianowski
Ryo Chonan
Tito Ortiz
Kazuyuki Fujita
Phil Baroni
Kimbo Slice
Mark Kerr
Charles Bennett
Mikey Burnett