[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Jake Shields Could Find New Challenges In The UFC

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:59 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Jake Shields Could Find New Challenges In The UFC
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:34 pm 
Site Admin

Jake Shields Could Find New Challenges In The UFC In The Future If He Gets Past Dan Henderson

Current Strikeforce Middleweight Champion Jake Shields will face his toughest test in quite some time when he makes his first title defense against former PRIDE and UFC superstar Dan Henderson as part of the CBS primetime card on April 17th in Nashville, TN, but according to Shields’ latest words to GracieMag, he may look elsewhere for new challenges should be he be able to get past Henderson;

“I’m a fighter who takes it one opponent at a time and my next fight is in Strikeforce against (Dan) Henderson. When you talk about guys like Anderson Silva and St.-Pierre, the best in the world, obviously I fight want to fight them. I want to be the best in the world and to be the best you have to beat the best. GSP’s a complete fighter standing and on the ground. But that’s why I want to fight him, that’s the challenge. I want to test my skills and see what happens. Now I’m focused on Dan Henderson for this fight and after that my contract with Strikeforce ends. I’ll talk with Strikeforce and the UFC to find out which one I will work for.”

Shields has won thirteen straight fights including a victory over former WEC Welterweight Champion Carlos Condit, an EliteXC Welterweight Championship victory over current UFC fighter Paul Daley and his most recent decision win over MMA veteran and MTV personality Jason “Mayhem” Miller that earned Shields the Strikeforce 185-pound belt. Can he make it fourteen in a row over someone with as impressive a resume as Henderson? Stay tuned on April 17th to find out.

Source: http://www.ifight365.com/2010/03/jake-s ... um=twitter

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: Jake Shields Could Find New Challenges In The UFC
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:29 am 
Special

Jake Shields faces a mountain in Dan Henderson. I think this one goes to Hendo. Too powerful, strong, and able to nullify Shields ground game IMO. Shields will probably have the speed advantage though. Should be a good fight. Unfortunate that Hendo is in Strikeforce now, but I would look forward to seeing Shields in the UFC against some better competition, than Strikeforce can offer.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]