[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - WEC GM Doesn't want Pulver to fight again

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:51 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: WEC GM Doesn't want Pulver to fight again
PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:38 am 
Special

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/tem ... &zoneid=13

World Extreme Cagefighting general manager Reed Harris appreciates everything Jens Pulver has done for his company and the sport of mixed martial arts, but he doesn’t want to see the 35-year-old featherweight fight again.

Harris would rather find other avenues for Pulver to work with the WEC.

“I don’t think I really want to see him fight again, so I think I would prefer to look at other options,” Harris told MMAWeekly.com content partner TapouT Radio.

“Certainly we love Jens, and Jens had asked some time ago about possibly coming in and working with us and doing some different things. And we’re open to all of that, but I haven’t actually had the discussion with Jens, and I’m hoping to do that probably in the next week or so,” explained the general manager.

Pulver has lost five fights in a row, and seven of his last eight, but he’s a fan favorite and offers more than just fighting. He’s commentated for the UFC and WEC, and it seems likely that will be his future role within the promotion.

“We’ve had a couple of meetings internally where we’ve discussed different things, and one of the things that came up was that a lot of people really liked him in the booth,” said Harris. “They liked his commentary, and he’s a great ambassador as well to the sport. I don’t have any problem having him involved.

“Certainly with the WEC, he’s a pioneer in the sport. Probably one of the nicest guys I’ve ever met, and he’s genuine. He’s easy to work with, which is so important. He gets it. If Jens Pulver is supposed to be somewhere at 10 o’clock, he’s there, and a lot of times when guys get as famous as him they don’t do that stuff. They become just a little more difficult, and with Jens, he’s just been the same ever since I met him. He‘s a great guy and I‘m hoping we can talk to him and get him involved.”

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]