[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - R I P Mask...one year on gone but not forgotten

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:05 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: R I P Mask...one year on gone but not forgotten
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:23 pm 
Special

Charles "Mask" Lewis, the co-founder of TapouT, passed away a year ago today in a car accident and continues to motivate friends and loved ones with the messages that were central to his life.

Those who knew him remember his buoyant spirit, drive for excellence, and generosity. More than that, they feel the imprint his positive energy has left in a fast-moving and ever-changing world.

Lewis made every person he met feel special.

Dan "Punkass" Caldwell, who co-founded the clothing company with Lewis in 1997, wears a small urn bearing Lewis' ashes every day and soldiers on with those messages.

"I knew him for 20 years," he said "He was my best friend in the world. I feel like I learned so much in that period of time with him. I just want to use that experience and use that knowledge to go out there and affect people like he would have wanted.

"That's what his intentions were when he dealt with people. It was always about affecting that person and leaving them with a positive feeling. Even you only met someone for a minute."

Marc Kreiner, CEO and President of TapouT, credits Lewis' legacy for keeping the business going through its most trying time.

"He's the inspiration not just for me but for our entire company,' Kreiner said. "From the moment we lost him, we all had our grieving period, and then we all decided that we were going to fulfill his dreams. I don't think there's an employee that's worked less than 12 hours a day this past year."

WEC General Manager Reed Harris thinks about how Lewis would guide him through day-to-day situations.

"We have our challenges in business and in life, and I think about how he would handle it, and it helps me get through the things we all deal with," Harris said.

Promoter Chad Bergmeier hears Lewis in his head when he gets burned out.

"This is a whole different business than it was 10 or 15 years ago when we started it," Bergmeier said. "I forget a lot of times what really keeps me motivated.

"When I forget about that stuff, I can hear him in my head trying to change things one fighter at a time."

Caldwell and TapouT partner Tim "Skyskrape" Katz are on the road now and touring the country and spreading the gospel – like so many years spent with Lewis building the grassroots of the sport they love. The year has flown by. TapouT continues to be the most successful clothing brand borne of MMA, an icon known around the world to fans. The legacy of "Mask" lives on.

Caldwell wants people to remember his friend with positive thought.

"Remember the good things he did and the positive influence he was on people," he said. "Think about him like that. If people are keeping him in his thoughts, it should be a happy thought."

Gone but not forgotten R I P .

..::::..

Post subject: Re: R I P Mask...one year on gone but not forgotten
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:03 am 
Special

A year already. Man time goes quick.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

Post subject: Re: R I P Mask...one year on gone but not forgotten
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:25 pm 
Site Admin

big inspiration

rip

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]