[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - tim-sylvia-vs-mariusz-pudzianowski..yeah i had read it twice

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:13 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: tim-sylvia-vs-mariusz-pudzianowski..yeah i had read it twice
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:30 am 
Special

So i wake up to the chaos of two kids running about and trying to choke each other when i wade to the mac to check the scoops and...Feb 28, 2010 - In comes news that I frankly did not believe when I read it the first time, the Boston Herald is reporting that at an April 23 MMA event at the DCU center in Worcester, MA former UFC world heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia will face five time World's Strongest Man winner Mariusz Pudzianowski:

Promoters Corey Fischer and Eric "Butterbean" Esch have told the Herald that they have scheduled the bouts under the Korean-based promotion company, Moosin, and the featured fight will pit former UFC heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia against Mariusz Pudzianowski.

Pudzianowski has won the World’s Strongest Man title a record five times. The 33-year-old made his MMA debut in December and this show will mark his U.S. debut.

Also signed for the card are UFC veterans Rich Clementi, Yves Edwards and Houston Alexander, according to Fischer.

"This will be the biggest card ever done, probably in the Northeast," said Fischer. "The UFC is coming here in August and they’re going to have a hard gate to beat. I think this fight card will be better than what they’re bringing."
According to Fischer, Moosin will be traveling all over the country. After the stop in Massachusetts, the company will stage fights in Poland and Shanghai, China. The April 23 card will be shown all over the world.
So to recap, legendary Toughman Contest winner Butterbean will be promoting a fight involving a former UFC world champion and a former World's Strongest Man winner.

This is the latest turn in the rather epic post-UFC career of Tim Sylvia. Sylvia left the UFC and took a fight with the world's greatest heavyweight in Fedor Emelianenko at Affliction: Banned in July of 2008. It only took 36 seconds for Sylvia to be rocked with punches and submitted by a rear naked choke.

Looking to rebound from the loss to the world's #1 fighter, Sylvia took a fight with former boxing world heavyweight champion (and 48 year old) Ray Mercer. The fight was originally scheduled to take place in New Jersey but the NJAC refused to sanction the bout for obvious reasons. So, Cox did what any good promoter would do and moved the fight to unregulated Alabama. Tim showed up at over 310 pounds, a full forty-five pounds over the heavyweight limit, and was put to sleep by a single right hand from Mercer nine seconds after the opening bell.

Sylvia got back on the winning track with a victory over Jason Riley at Adrenaline MMA 4 and was then set to face Wes Sims only to have the Ohio State Athletic Commission declare the bout non-competitive and refuse sanctioning. Once again Monte Cox is choosing to duck sanctioning and moving the bout to an unregulated section of Canada in July.

Now, Tim will compete against a former strongman with a total of one MMA fight in newly regulated Massachusetts. Something tells me the NJAC may have something to say about this bout actually happening.

..::::..

Post subject: Re: tim-sylvia-vs-mariusz-pudzianowski ..yeah i had read it twic
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:07 am 
I would actually love to see this fight. Not because of Tim Sylvia of course :D

Post subject: Re: tim-sylvia-vs-mariusz-pudzianowski..yeah i had read it twice
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:32 am 
Special

So would i.. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:40 am 
Special

Oh lord.....Sylviia might get his legs kicked off :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:46 pm 
Special

This Will Be Epic :lol:

CAIN VELASQUEZ Wins By Ground & Pound Leaves Brock Lesnar With Tunnel Butt!!!

TOP 13 FIGHTERS
Rousimar Palhares
Chan Sung Jung
Mariusz Pudzianowski
Ryo Chonan
Tito Ortiz
Kazuyuki Fujita
Phil Baroni
Kimbo Slice
Mark Kerr
Charles Bennett
Mikey Burnett
Paulo Filho

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:10 pm 
Site Admin

Sylvia steppingstone into an international MMA audience for Mariusz(?)... Last I saw from the Polish fighter (KSW 12) looked really good.

( KSW 12 here http://mma-torrents.com/torrents-detail ... 5982&hit=1 )

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:00 pm 
Special

Yeah, baby! This should be excellent. I call Mariusz for the win ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:07 am 
Special

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:40 pm 
Special

Shame this doesn't look at all likely anymore - Pudz is now fighting in an event in Poland in May, and Silvia had nothing signed anyway.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/18126/stronge ... i-card.mma

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:45 pm 
Special