[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Anderson silva retiring..No just see...

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:20 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Anderson silva retiring..No just see...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:16 pm 
Special

Ed Soares talks to MMAWeekly.com about Anderson Silva:

"I think the important thing is to really create the biggest fights possible. I think Anderson's got a good two, three years probably. He's got a good eight or nine fights probably left in him for sure, maybe more. He doesn't take too much damage, and the fact that he doesn't take damage in the fights, it's really more or less the training."

"I believe the last fights of his career will definitely be big fights. That's what he wants, to have the big fights, regardless of what the weight is. Whether it's at light heavyweight, whether it's at heavyweight, whether it's at a catchweight, doesn't make a different. He just wants to challenge himself and be involved in some of the biggest fights that the UFC can put together."

Imagine.....

Silva v Lesnar

or

Silva v GSP

..::::..

Post subject: Re: Anderson silva retiring..No just see...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:02 pm 
Special

Same stuff Soares has been saying for about a year, now. Although the number of fights left is higher than it's been for a while.

And I reckon we could see Silva vs GSP later this year if both win their next fight. Not sure about Lesnar unless it's maybe a good few fights from now, but expect Silva to move to LHW if Machida loses the belt - especially to Shogun.

Depending on the outcome of the Machida fight, either GSP or Shogun is quite likely next (Shogun if he wins, GSP if Machida wins) - as, for me, it's only Marquart who has a legit shot right now at Middleweight. Sonnen and Maia might grind one out after another couple of wins, so might Wanderlei if he beats Bisping convincingly. But even if Silva fought Marquart next, there's plenty of time for division-hopping for a couple of fights at least after that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:00 am 
Special

Dream matchups for me are Machida (never gonna happen, sadface), Shogun, GSP. If Anderson can bring his knockout power to heavyweight then Brock Lesnar, Velasquez, and Congo would be interesting matchups. Maybe Frank Mir. He'd never fight a Noguiera, unfortunately, but I can dream. :P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:17 am 
Site Admin

Something tells me Anderson Silva will be around for a long time to come...

Can you imagine those fights you have mentioned? A. Silva vs GSP, Shogun or even Machida. Thats stuff that will never come along again, epic almost unreal matchups. It doesnt really matter who wins. As long as they fight with all the intention to win they should all be incredible fights. A. Silva vs Brock sounds unlikely to happen. Not that i think that the fighters would say no if they where offered the fight, but i think its a little too much of a freak show matchup for anybody to really find it relevant. I dont know if you agree with me, maybe you would love to see that fight, but personally I dont find it very appealing. Then why not GSP vs Brock?

After all I actually dont care who Anderson Silva will fight next, I just want to see him fight a real hard fight for once.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]