[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Gilbert Melendez: "I can fight Penn and do well"

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:20 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Gilbert Melendez: "I can fight Penn and do well"
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:20 pm 
Special

Gilbert Melendez: 'I think I could do better than a lot of guys do against B.J. Penn'

http://www.mmamania.com/2010/1/18/12575 ... nk-i-could

Props: Cagewriter

Quoteworthy:

"B.J.'s on another level. [But] I think I could do better than a lot of guys do against B.J. A lot of guys sit back and want to last with B.J. I'd rather get knocked out in the center of the ring and go for it, than sit back and try to figure it out. If things aren't working, I'm going to charge B.J. and try to knock him out. It's better than just running away and not being able to engage."

Undisputed Strikeforce Lightweight Champion Gilbert Melendez compares himself to the recent crop of contenders in the UFC who have all tried (unsuccessfully) to dethrone current division deity BJ Penn. "El Nino" currently has his sights set on Japanese grappling phenom Shinya Aoki following his triumphant win over Josh Thomson in an action-packed war at Strikeforce: "Evolution" back on Dec. 19 -- but doesn't mind fantasy match-making with "The Prodigy." Anyone think Melendez has a chance to upset the Hawaiian should they ever cross paths?

Post subject: Re: Gilbert Melendez: "I can fight Penn and do well"
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:06 pm 
Special

I think he might well do better than alot of guys.

But he'd still lose....

..::::..

Post subject: Re: Gilbert Melendez: "I can fight Penn and do well"
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:30 am 

Yeah sure Gilbert. Love to see Aoki take on a name guy in the US though.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]