[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Ufc declare war on wwe...ufc111 clash with wrestlemania

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 1:33 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Ufc declare war on wwe...ufc111 clash with wrestlemania
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:55 pm 
Special

UFC have declared war on WWE by scheduling a pay per view event just one day before WrestleMania 26.
Dana White's promotion have booked their UFC 111 show for Saturday, March 27, with Mania long-set to take place the following night.

Vince McMahon's company have publicly claimed that there is only a four per cent crossover between fans who purchase both WWE and UFC PPVs.

However, internally there is concern that the WrestleMania buy rate — traditionally their highest of the year — could take a big hit from the 500,000 people who purchase UFC shows.

The cost to American fans of watching both would be at least $100 (£60). In the UK, the situation is brighter with UFC airing on subscription channel ESPN and WrestleMania costing £15.

This is the second direct challenge from UFC to WWE, as they have booked a live TV show to go head-to-head with Raw on January 11.

The main event of UFC 111 will be a championship match between Georges St Pierre and Dan Hardy.

Part of the reason for moving the event to later in the month was White wanting to avoid competition from the Manny Pacquiao v Floyd Mayweather Jnr boxing match.

That dream showdown is expected to trounce the number of buys of both WWE and UFC events.

No line-up has been announced for WrestleMania, but it could be headlined by a rematch between Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker.

The pair won the WWE's 2009 Match Of The Year Slammy Award for their contest at this year's Mania — one of the best bouts in the history of the event.

And picking up the prize on Raw, Shawn challenged to Taker to rematch, telling him: "I know I can beat you, and you know it too."

Advertisement

Other stars set to feature on the show — nicknamed the Granddaddy Of Them All — include John Cena, Triple H, Sheamus and Matt Hardy.

Pro Wrestling Torch Editor Wade Keller said: "This is an apparent attempt by UFC to take away a portion of WWE's audience for the wrestling promotion's biggest event of the year.

"With UFC booking Georges St Pierre — one of their top stars — in a marquee PPV fight one night before WrestleMania to go along with the Monday night fight card on cable TV, it will give WWE more incentive to deliver a strong line-up of shows in the first three months of 2010."

Is this the one we waited for dana v vince :shock:

The media love it two totally different things but some will be split.

..::::..

Post subject: Re: Ufc declare war on wwe...ufc111 clash with wrestlemania
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:00 am 
Site Admin

I would love to think that noone watches WWE anymore... but thats from a guy that has never watched it from the start. I have always found it quite offensive. Pain is no joke. I love the way MMA teaches the kids the real consequenses of getting kicked in the head or punched on the chin. Much better then action movies or fake show wrestling!

just my 2 cent...

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:23 am 

Dent why so hateful not long ago MMA was under alot of pressure everyone calling it human cockfighting. With that said the wwe is crazy I haven't watched it since the rock left

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:00 am 
Site Admin

yeah i didnt like MMA before it was cleaned up. Sorry, I dont hate WWE I just dont understand it. I do respect anybody that gets a kick out of it and their opinion.

Didnt mean to sound hateful.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:24 am 
Special

Pro Wrestling is recognised, even by it's fans, as an act. It's an action/soap opera/drama in a ring. Some people like that kind of thing.

A substantial portion of that 4% crossover is probably going to be more than happy to spend $100 on two PPVs. If Dana really wanted a war with the WWE, he would have schedualed it on the same night in the same time slot. It's probably just more likely that Dana decided that going next to the WWE is safer than going up against THE GREATEST BOXING PPV OF ALL TIME. He's not declaring war, he's playing it safe.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:35 am 
Special

Shawn Michaels vs The Undertaker?! Man, are we back in the 90s or something?! Didn't even know these two guys were still going - mind you, having Hulk Hogan on the UFC recently to say how he's coming back at the age of, what, 1,000 or something, it doesn't suprise me that these guys are milking their retirement. No new characters in the business, eh?

I haven't watched wrestling since I was a kid. Back when a match between Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker would have seen them in their prime ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:19 am 
Special

Its funny though that vince has banned any of his talent/stars tweeting about mma and ufc also vince and wwe have started the mini war by saying that if you want wwe in you arenas you cannot have an mma event 30 days before or after a wwe show has taken place in your areana or wwe will blackball your spot.
Now like it or not wwe is big money, my kid who is 7 loves it and thats cool but i have to watch it with him as it aint like the old days of just wrestling and storylines...there are over the top stunts and content that i dont want my kid to see,so i have to filter the show with the forward button. Now i let my kid watch ufc if he wants and tna wrestling...as it is safer for him to watch than wwe.
It might be just coincidence that tna making a charge at wwe and ufc are both partners on spike...?

At the end of the day like someone else said its a safe bet to take on wrestlemania instead of PBF v pacman.

I was like dent when UFC first started i saw it and was like a car crash to me had to look but was wrong...then years later when i saw Brawl in the hall or bit before that i saw that ufc was a sport and had changed for the better...wasnt some clown in a karate suit with one boxing glove on fighting some 30 stone biker who could have a bar brawl...there where real fighters and fell in love with the sport.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:37 pm 
Site Admin

MMA as it is today, for me, is the ultimate sport. WWE on the other hand is, as mentioned before, more like a soap or a circus show. I understand that kids like it, Im sure it triggers their imagination. personally I never liked soaps or WWE, but its not hard to imagine why kids love it. Boxing is also a sport that i respect, but its completely over shadowed by the much more interesting MMA fights now and I can hardly watch a long boxing fight unless its a really big fight.

Let each person watch what they want actually, I couldnt care less lol, as long as the people that really enjoy MMA can watch the events whoever wants can watch the WWE.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]