[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - After months of speculation, Henderson has signed with SF

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 8:35 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: After months of speculation, Henderson has signed with SF
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:36 pm 
Special

http://mma.fanhouse.com/2009/12/07/dan- ... rikeforce/

After months of speculation, Dan Henderson has finally agreed to sign with Strikeforce. FanHouse has learned that the 12-year veteran, who was last seen knocking out Michael Bisping at UFC 100 in July, recently came to terms with the San Jose-based organization on a multi-fight agreement.

At this time, it is unknown when and where Henderson will make his debut for Strikeforce.

Yahoo! Sports' Kevin Iole first reported the possibility of Henderson signing with Strikeforce in October, but at Strikeforce's CBS event in Chicago last month, the former PRIDE middleweight and light heavyweight champion told FanHouse that he had not come to terms with the organization yet.

Henderson returned to the UFC in September 2007 following Zuffa's purchase of PRIDE. He lost a light heavyweight title unification bout against Rampage Jackson at UFC 75 and then a middleweight unification match with Anderson Silva at UFC 82. Following those back-to-back losses, he would go on to win his next three UFC fights against Rousimar Palhares, Rich Franklin and Bisping.

Recently, Henderson had publicly talked about being frustrated with the fact that he didn't receive a middleweight title shot following his victory over Bisping and that he was hoping for a bump in salary.

"I'm just hoping to get out there and fight again and get paid what I would like the get paid. I'm not asking to be the top-paid guy at out there at all," he told FanHouse at the last Strikeforce event.

"It's a little step up from my last pay check, but a lot less than a lot of other guys are getting paid," Henderson added when asked what kind of salary he was seeking.

According to the Nevada State Athletic Commission, Henderson earned $100,00 to show for his UFC 100 fight and an extra $150,000 for the win. He also earned an extra $100,000 for winning the "knockout of the night" award.

The addition of Henderson to its roster beefs up Strikeforce's 185-pound and 205-pound division. The obvious money fight right off the bat would be against light heavyweight champion Gegard Mousasi, who is currently riding a 14-fight winning streak.

"He's a very tough opponent. Those are the type of guys I like to fight and the guys that it's going to be a big challenge for me," Henderson said.

In November, Henderson said that he was hoping to fight again around Me die weekend (early February), which works out well for him because Strikeforce has a show scheduled for Jan. 30 in Florida.

Post subject: Re: After months of speculation, Henderson has signed with SF
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:10 pm 
Special

so hendo earned...350000 in total for one fight at ufc 100.....and was moaning he aint paid enough.. :lol:

..::::..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:29 am 
Site Admin

The sport's highest-profile free agent in recent months, Dan Henderson, is now Strikeforce bound.

MMAjunkie.com today confirmed with Strikeforce officials that the former PRIDE title-holder and recent UFC fighter has agreed to a new deal with the California-based organization.

Strikeforce has since made the signing official, which included a quote from Henderson in which he wished the UFC continued success.

Terms of the multi-fight deal were not disclosed.

"We are excited to welcome Dan Henderson to Strikeforce," Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker stated. "Dan is one of the world's premiere fighters who has lived out an extraordinary career. We are looking forward to having him compete for us."

Henderson, a former top middleweight and light heavyweight contender in the UFC, fulfilled the fight terms of his previous contract with a knockout of Michael Bisping at UFC 100. However, while UFC officials hinted at a likely title shot for the winner, Henderson was passed over in favor of a bout between Vitor Belfort and UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva, which is tentatively slated for spring of 2010.

Henderson confirmed he was in negotiations with Strikeforce in November. Company officials confirmed the negotiations but declined to elaborate.

In October, UFC president Dana White said the 39-year-old Henderson, who made a base pay of $250,000 at UFC 100 ($150,000 of which came in the form of a win bonus), simply demanded too much and would have become "the highest-paid UFC fighter" if the UFC gave him what he wanted.

He later told MMAjunkie.com Radio that Henderson never seemed serious about getting a deal done and may have been influenced by Tito Ortiz's recent new deal.

"The [expletive] that Dan came in and said in my office and what he wants, it's unrealistic, and he knows it," White said. "And it's basically based off of, 'I heard this guy is making this, and I heard this guy made (this much).' Basically, what everybody gets pissed off about is Tito. 'Oh, I heard Tito is making all this money, and Tito is this and that.' And it's because Tito likes to go out there and stay stuff like that or somebody in his camp did.

White suggested Strikeforce couldn't match what the UFC offered.

"The negotiations are done," White said. "I made [Henderson] an offer, and I guarantee you the offer that I made him, Strikeforce can't pay."

Despite the comments, Henderson stated in today's press release that he had no hard feelings with his former employer.

"Strikeforce and its growing roster of world-class talent will offer me many exciting fights and has the ability to bring many new fans from all around the world to mixed martial arts," Henderson stated. "I am grateful to Scott Coker for the opportunity to help make this happen and for treating me with the utmost respect throughout our negotiations.

"I'd also like to thank Dana (White) and the UFC for the opportunities they provided me, and I wish them ongoing success. I'll continue to watch their events, and I hope they'll tune in to my fights in Strikeforce. After all, I'm a true fan of our fantastic sport and would love only to see MMA continue to grow."

The addition of Henderson to Strikeforce provides a known commodity for future broadcasts on CBS or Showtime while also providing a legitimate contender to both the middleweight and light heavyweight divisions, which feature Jake Shields and Gegard Mousasi as respective champions.

Henderson (25-7 MMA, 5-2 UFC), a collegiate wrestler at Cal State Fullerton and Arizona State University, represented the U.S. Olympic Greco-Roman wrestling team in 1992 and 1996 before turning pro in MMA in 1997. The UFC 17 heavyweight tournament winner became the first fighter simultaneously to hold two titles in a major organization (PRIDE) in 2005. He returned to the UFC in 2007 following the UFC's purchase and eventual disbanding of PRIDE.

(UPDATED: At 1:30 p.m. ET on 12/7/09 to include official announcement and quotes from Strikeforce officials and Henderson.)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:09 am 
Special

2 weight champ in another organization?

Jake Shields? Think Hendo would take Shields out easily.
Mousassi. Thats a much tougher fight for him..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:02 pm 
Special

Agreed with the fight predictions.

Although to say that he moans at $350,000 is a little unfair. Yes, it's a lot of money, but only $100,000 of that was guaranteed. $150,000 was performance-related, and then $100,000 was a pure bonus that he could not rely on at all. So for a top contender only making $100k guaranteed isn't that great money. And then Tito turns up and Fedor is offerred mega money, and he's not getting title shot he wants...

Strikeforce should be a good option for him - he gets some good fights in the US over the next year or so and links to get big paydays later on in Dream and the other Japanese promotions Strikeforce work with. Suould retire with a fair bit more saved up than if he stuck with the UFC.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:38 pm 
Special

http://www.mmascoops.com/news.php?page=/262238364

^ this