[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - New Ratings system instructional torrents 2020 [Updated May 2021]

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:32 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: New Ratings system instructional torrents 2020 [Updated May 2021]
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 4:47 pm 
Site Admin

Dear members,

We have added a rating system for torrents in the Instructional categories. After a completed download you will eventually be prompted to rate the torrents you downloaded. You should take into consideration the quality and level of the actual knowledge or "learning" you got from it as well as the quality of the video. The rating will be on a scale from 0 to 10 where 10 is the best rating.

You will be prompted to rate torrents you downloaded approximately a week after you completed the download. This should give you enough time to check the quality. If you need more time you have the option to close the window and that will delay it with another week. You can delay the rating with another week indefinitely by closing the window.

Ratings will be displayed and listed on different places on the tracker once we have some substantial statistics.

If you find any bugs, have suggestions or opinions regarding the rating system feel free to post here.

:ympeace:

Update:

The system has been updated with your comments and opinions in mind, thank you for contributing!

Now, as before, you have one week to rate a torrent you have downloaded.

-> If you rate the torrent it will disappear from the list.

-> If you choose to close the window the torrents you where asked to rate will disappear for one week, then you will be asked to rate it again.

-> If you choose to "Ignore item" you will never be asked to rate that torrent again.

This means that you can skip indefinitely for as long as you like until you have watched the torrent, then rate it. Or alternatively if you do not want to rate it at all, choose "Ignore item".

Hopefully this will be more in tune with your wishes regarding the feature.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: New Ratings system instructional torrents 2020
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:37 pm 

I went on a download binge two weeks, and downloaded 20 instructionals I was planning to watch later.

I've only had time to watch one of those.

Last week, I was asked to rate them all. I clicked "Maybe later".

Now, I'm forced to enter a rating, so I'm rating stuff I haven't watched... So I'm inputing 7 or 8 or 9 depending on what I *guess* the instructionals are like, depending on what I think of the instructor... But I'm afraid this will "pollute" the ratings. I might come back later to update my ratings when I watch the instructionals in a few months... But until then, the rating will reflect something that might be wrong.

Maybe forcing people to rate stuff they might not have watched yet will lead to less reliable ratings?

Maybe it should be a reminder instead of being mandatary? Or an option for some instructionals to say "remind me in 1/2/3/6 months" with a select box, for stuff we have downloaded but plan to watch at a later time? Or maybe give some small ratio boost to people who rate stuff, to encourage people to do it?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:43 pm 
Site Admin

Hello,

Thank you for taking this up. Do not input random numbers! This will ruin the ratings.

We will find a solution to this and update this thread as soon as possible.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:01 pm 

Thanks a lot for the quick response !

Yeah, I didn't want to input incorrect numbers, but when I reloaded the page it kept asking me, so I didn't have a choice to get rid of it :( I had already clicked "Maybe later" last week, so I couldn't do it again.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:09 pm 
Site Admin

@JohnGalt

You should now have a few more weeks to check the torrents you downloaded. Please update the torrents browse page, use CTRL + F5 to do a hard refresh.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:05 am 

I keep a good ratio and I've contributed to group buys. I don't watch everything I download immediately after, often I don't get around to it for a few months.

I very strongly dislike this feature. I wouldn't mind if it were optional and I might even make an effort to think about what number is most appropriate. If it's mandatory to enter numbers then I will enter arbitrary numbers.

It's not even a particularly valuable metric, as the torrent could be a poor quality rip of a very good instructional video, or a very high quality rip of a subpar instructional video. One number will never tell the full story.

I feel I contribute positively to this community. I don't feel it's fair to expect me to watch and rate everything on a set schedule.
Please remove this feature or make it completely optional.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:56 am 
Site Admin

@namegoeshere Understood. Thank you for your input. We will take your opinions into consideration when we update it.

Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT put random numbers as rating.

Make a post here and explain why you are having problems like the above members have done.

Together we can sort it all out and make this a really cool feture!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:23 am 
Site Admin

Update:

The system has been updated with your comments and opinions in mind, thank you for contributing!

Now, as before, you have one week to rate a torrent you have downloaded.

-> If you rate the torrent it will disappear from the list.

-> If you choose to close the window the torrents you where asked to rate will disappear for one week, then you will be asked to rate it again.

-> If you choose to "Ignore item" you will never be asked to rate that torrent again.

This means that you can skip indefinitely for as long as you like until you have watched the torrent, then rate it. Or alternatively if you do not want to rate it at all, choose "Ignore item".

Hopefully this will be more in tune with your wishes regarding the feature.

Post subject: Re: New Ratings system instructional torrents 2020 [Updated]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:24 pm 

Thank you, this is much better. I will try to accurately rate what I can now and ignore the items I haven't yet watched.

Post subject: Re: New Ratings system instructional torrents 2020 [Updated]
PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:00 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah and even better, you can just close the window until you have watched them and then rate them instead of ignoring, if you like.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next