[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Do NOT remove your seed after finished download. New Information!! READ THIS

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:10 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Do NOT remove your seed after finished download. New Information!! READ THIS
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 3:18 am 
Site Admin

Hello,

Too many members download a file and immediately remove it from their torrent client and this is completely unacceptable.

We have started a surveilance campaign among our moderators and from now on you will recieve heads up escalating to warnings when you do a "hit and run" aka download and immediately remove the torrent and stop seeding.

You will start recieve a certain level of warning/s depending on how repetative you are and based on your responses to our intent to contact you about the issue, your account risk to be IMMEDIATELY DISABELED without further notice if you dont answer us.

We will always contact any member regarding this long before we state an official profile warning. We understand that there might have been some problem. But unless you have a valid reason or answer correctly on our "heads up" when we see you do a hit and run you risk your accound disabled and eventually removed.

The whole idea behind a torrent tracker is based on members seeding what they download. If any member do not comply with this rule and understand the importance there is no reason for us to provide him/her with free material, work our asses of making banners, competitions, uploads, guides, support etc, and get no respect back for all our hard work, so again we encourage you to remember to continue to seed the files you download!

Heads up!

Staff

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: Do NOT remove your seed after finished download. New Information!! READ THIS
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:15 am 

awesome :-bd i always check peoples ratios when i get requests for reseeds... it pisses me off when i look at their ratio to see it at 0.3 etc... i dont reseed stuff for them unless their ratio is above 1 because they dont deserve it and i aways mantain mine above 1 be it uploading or donating.. they should get their ratio above 1 before sending requests..

Post subject: Re: Do NOT remove your seed after finished download. New Information!! READ THIS
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:22 am 

people who after a reasonable amount of time, 50 - 100GB downloaded who cant maintain a ratio above 1 should in my opinion lose their account... they are leeches and shouldnt have the luxury of getting the great uploads that we all enjoy and (most) are thankful for their efforts...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:20 pm 
Site Admin

We have an automatic system that disables accunts that does not follow the ratio rules. It works well, but most people dont realize by removing the files directy after download they are getting closer to becoming disabled each time because of their ratio slowly suffering more and more so its a heads up to help the users, not to complain.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:23 pm 

Hi, new user here.

About the hit and run, i have seen this done on other private trackers and it seems to work well. I have a question to raise in case it has not been placed here. Like my case after i finish a download i turn off my client all together so that i can stream it on my network. Does the system that checks for hit and run take into consideration if the client is not turned on. I am sure i am not the only that does this. But as soon as the client is turned back on you can be sure that seed will still be there.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:34 am 
Special

Temporary turning off is tolerated as some people like to sort out stuff by folders and then continue seeding.
If you stream something normally it shouldn't be affected by using torrents. Streaming HD stuff over wireless network to your Playstation 3 for example can lag, but with wired connection it goes good.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:59 am 

Im ashamed to say i have only a 0,9 ration with (340 down 312 up).
donated 20$ to get member but after that all is "real" upload gb:s..

My problem was a weak wireless connection giving me something like 300kb/down at max with 5-10kb/s and i could only have my computer on daytime while I imagine most users is active during (my) nights.

But thats been fixed! :D now i can dl 1-2mb/s and up 300kb-1mb/s so WAY easier to get ratio, and my comp is on 24/7.

Since that was fixed i went from 0,83 to 0,9 in a week so soon i dont have to be embarressed anymore. (Increasing ratio is pretty slow when u got so much downloaded..)

..::::..

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:22 pm 

ugh... New, just reading this... I've got mine set to automatically change and had a friend set this up for me so I'm pretty much screwed right? x_x

Update... So I've figured out that I can just add the files back to the folder after download and seems to be seeding again. 15 on one 16 on the other it looks like. So I assume it's working. I'll leave up longer than the 48 hours or until I need space. Hope this is okay and don't get penalized because this is the only way I know around.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:00 pm 
Site Admin

@Darkseid

Yep, you are a smart guy. You sorted it out before I had time to reply! ;)

Well done!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]