Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:51 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: [GUIDE] How to get a good ratio? - START HERE
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:01 pm 
Site Admin

FIRST thing you should do is to carefully read the rules page and specially the part about "What is ratio?".
Once you have read this, go on and read below.

SECOND thing is to NOT start to download torrents directly without thinking.
:)

There are different scenarios.

1. You register as new member with a ratio of 0.0 and have no VIP nor any uploaded credit.

In this case you must be VERY careful. ONLY download torrents that are Freeleech, or upload new torrents until you have a positive ratio. If you have a good or decent upload speed you should download enough popular Freeleech torrents for it to build up some positive ratio (upload). This might take a few days depending on what you downloaded, how popular the torrent is, and your download speed.

ONLY when you have a positive ratio should you download ANYTHING that is not Freeleech. And then you need to monitor your uploaded GB's so that you do not download more then you have positive ratio. Aka, if you have uploaded +5 GB's, make sure you don't download more then 5 GB's.

2. You donate to become MMAVIP and have an initial ratio boost given, typically 25 GB's and 2 months of VIP or more.

In this case you can start downloading directly, but you need to make sure that you don't download more then the initial boost. If you have +25 GB's you should ideally not download more then 25 GB's material. The positive thing is that you can leave everything you download "seeding" and gain more extra upload GB's just seeding what you download.

In case you download more then your initial ratio boost and your ratio goes below 1.0 you need to be careful. As long as you are still MMAVIP you can still continue to download and use the tracker, but should your MMAVIP run out while you are in a negative share ratio (below 0.6-0.4 is the critical limit) your account risk getting disabled by the system for low ratio as normal member.

Even in this scenario it is a good idea to get Freeleech torrents, seed them, and continue to build your ratio using all available options.

3. You register as member or VIP and have a Seedbox.

If you have a Seedbox you can often set filters to get new torrents as soon as they are uploaded, and this can usually create quite a nice ratio boost over time. Your torrents will be seeding 24/7 on high speed so this is usually a good way of maintaining a good ratio. Adding Freeleech torrents to a good seedbox also works great.

EXAMPLE

Screenshot below: Earned +87 GB in 48 hours using a Freeleech torrent.

(Screenshot made 21/1/2019)

Remember that apart from seeding and donating etc you can also participate in competitions (and other features that might come along) and win GB's that way.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE] How to get a good ratio?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:08 pm 
Site Admin

Oh and also very important.

The longer you seed a torrent, the greater are the chances that it will give you a ratio increase.

Imagine for example that you download a torrent that is 4 GB and start seeding it together with 100 other users. If a new user starts a download you could get a part of his download credited to your upload credit, but most likely only a 100:th part or around it. Only a few MB's maybe. But if you wait other seeders will eventually stop seeding the torrent due to different reasons, making you one of few seeders instead of one of many.

If you are still seeding the torrent when there is only you and maybe a few other dedicated seeders, then when someone starts a download you will get a huge part of the upload credit. And if you are the only seeder you will get 100% of the upload credit.

In short words. It is a good idea to keep any torrents you download in your torrent clients actively seeding for as long as possible. The longer you seed it in time, the greater the chances are of you gaining upload credit on the torrent.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE] How to get a good ratio?
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:34 pm 
Site Moderator

I recommend all new users that want to build ratio to start with Freeleech torrents

Here you have them sorted from most popular and down:

https://mma-torrents.com/torrents.php?s ... order=desc

Here most leechers (users downloading):

https://mma-torrents.com/torrents.php?s ... order=desc

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE] How to get a good ratio? - START HERE
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:17 am 

Thank you for this.

..::UFC on ESPN 7 - Overeem vs. Rozenstruik Competition Winner::..
..::UFC Fight Night 158 - Cerrone vs. Gaethje Competition Winner::..

Post subject: Re: [GUIDE] How to get a good ratio? - START HERE
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:42 am 

A few things I've picked up from my own experience:

1. As mentioned above, Freeleech is always a good idea. Everything you get from this is obviously free so you're not risking anything by downloading and seeding. Even if you're not interested in the content, it can still be used to build your ratio and overall uploads.

2. Be a tiny bit wary of events if your ratio isn't great. UFC, Bellator, Bare Knuckle and One often have events. The problem with these is that (especially with UFC) there are so many torrents being uploaded for each one, that it gives users too wide a choice - you can't guarantee that people will go for the same one as you have. These are the ones where I often end up taking a hit (not always mind) especially with early prelims and prelims.

3. BJJ instructionals are a goldmine if you manage to get in early. Even those that have been posted before, often end up with pretty decent upload stats. As this is something I'm interested in and primarily aim to collect I might be biased but I've noticed that this is where i get most of my credit from. From what I've noticed, they seem to have the most traffic of anything that gets put up on the site.

4. Large files - these can be hit or miss. If you go for these It's best to ensure you have the space on your hard drive or wherever you're saving this stuff to be able to keep it there for a while. If you do, this is most likely where you'll get the biggest rewards. Again, be careful with what you choose to download - if it's for Kung Fu or a subject that seems niche then it might take longer. If it's BJJ related then you'll obviously see greater returns, quicker. Site rips are especially good for this.

5. If you're keen to search the tracker and download something that has been up for a while, hold off on it. Wait until you have saved up a bit of a buffer on your ratio as the longer something has been up, the less traffic it will have on it and therefore the less upload gain you're going to get from it. If i download things from a long time ago, or things that are very niche, i do it accepting that it's most likely going to be as a loss to my ratio.

6. Mentioned above, the newer something is, the more traffic it will have on it, the more likely people will leech and the more of a ratio builder it will be. The older something is - the opposite.

7. be in for the long haul. Currently my oldest torrent I have is from 10 months ago. I regularly check my torrent client to see what the ratios are, which torrents are doing well and which should be stopped to make room for newer ones with more potential. There will be some torrents that will keep on earning you ratio months after they've been uploaded due to new members to the site finding them. It's on you though to monitor and maintain your own library and keep the stuff that's efficient.

Last bumped by Dent on Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:42 am.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]