[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [Poll] Who is your favourite light heavyweight fighter

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:44 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

[Poll] Who is your favourite light heavyweight fighter?
Poll ended at Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:37 pm
Lyoto Machida 12%  12%  [ 10 ]
Mauricio Rua 18%  18%  [ 15 ]
Quinton Jackson 12%  12%  [ 10 ]
Rashad Evans 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Forrest Griffin 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Gegard Mousasi 20%  20%  [ 16 ]
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Thiago Silva 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Luis Arthur Cane 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ryan Bader 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Randy Couture 11%  11%  [ 9 ]
Rich Franklin 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Keith Jardine 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Vladimir Matyushenko 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Renato "Babalu" Sobral 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Frank Shamrock 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Mark Coleman 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Chuck Lidell 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Titi Ortiz 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other (add which one in a reply please) 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 82
 Post subject: [Poll] Who is your favourite light heavyweight fighter
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:37 pm 
Special

We would like to find out which fighters our members on this forum like the most.

The second one is the light heavyweight class. You can pick a maximum of 3 fighters and of course it would also be nice to see why you like these fighters you have chosen. So feel free to comment on your picks.

We have included 19 fighters and the option Other in this weight class. If you pick Other we would definitely want to know which one.

In case you have not done so, don't forget to look at the voting for your favourite heavyweight fighter

The intention is to use the results of the polls in a future project for this website but more will be revealed when that time has come.

Some fighters have been contending in several weight classes, hence some might be seen in another poll of a different weight class in the future.

Thanks in advance for your opinions and picks :)

..::::..

Post subject: Re: [Poll] Who is your favourite light heavyweight fighter
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:29 pm 
Special

I chose the following fighters:

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua: The first real MMA event I saw was the Machida Vs Shogun UFC 104 event. My opinion was that Rua deserved to win. I am really looking forward to the rematch and I hope he can show that he can do it again.

The second one is Randy. He has been very important to the sport and is a great representative. He also is a great fighter although his pension is near.

Last but not least Ryan Bader. He impressed me at UFC 110 and is still unbeaten.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:37 pm 
Special

Machida - Love the punch-but-don't-get-hit stuff and his accuracy. True martial artist. Think he took the last fight too lightly (or his ego too greatly), but the rematch will be awesome for both fighters.

Randy - Of course. Although I probably would have picked him more as a heavyweight, as I never saw his previous LHW stuff at the time (only watching the shows later on). Got to love Randy as a person and a fighter.

Mousasi - Amazing prospect and a very skilled fighter. Love his outward calm and determination in the fight. Can win the fight anywhere.

Also really like Bader - he impresses more with every fight and has so much potential. I also almost picked Shogun, but I didn't watch his Pride stuff at the time, so as much as I really like his agression and stuff it's only now that I'm following him. Honourable mention for Chuck...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:56 pm 
Special

Well concerning weight class as I mentioned it is a bit difficult at times as it seems that in the early days the classes were slightly different and some fighters also changed class.

However since polls will be added for all weight classes I chose not to pick the same fighters in different classes as it is about the favourite fighter and not about the best in the class.

Might end up with a poll based on the results to come to our own MMA-Tor TUF (The Ultimate Favourite) Fighter :D .

Thank you for voting and feel free to express why you picked your fighters.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:53 am 

Shogun: For keepin' the old Chute Boxe style alive... always been a fan of Chute Boxe

Thiago Silva: Entertaining

Rich Franklin: Entertaining & Real

Now when I think of it...

I like Mark Coleman more than all of these guys above...
Just because he is oldschool and a great contributor to the sport...
I sure will miss watching the Hammer fight...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:58 am 
Special

Hard man hard...

I went with...

Chuck i got fond memories of the ice age in ufc chuck tore through everyone for 2 years.

Rampage..dude makes me laugh, love the slams and when he knocked out wandy woooooooo

Mousasi..Best at his weight no doubt, great skills finishes fights..wish he was in the ufc

Randy and Bader almost had votes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:18 pm 
Site Admin

Quinton Rampage Jackson

Lyoto Machida

Randy Couture

If I could make one fighter out of those three... :)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:23 pm 
Special

Just to be sure - we're talking favourites of all time?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:25 pm 
Special

PS: I dont know how this poll has possibly been created without Wanderlei.

Sure he's fighting at middleweight (185lb) now in the UFC, and he fought at "middleweight" in Pride, but that was 205lb still...

Please add him?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:16 pm 
Special