[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Looking for "best" instructional resources

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:52 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Looking for "best" instructional resources
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 12:28 am 

Hi guys!

I'm training BJJ and Muay Thai for a few months now and I figured that I need to learn also during my time off the mat. I want to develop all-round MMA technique while focusing on fundamentals of the different martial arts that are most interesting to me, that is bjj, muay thai and boxing.

I have already got some materials that cover bjj, namely 32 principles by gracies, john danaher passing guard, ryan hall the hip bump, because it was pretty easy to follow the paths of getting materials from "the big names".

Could you please direct me to more essential materials in BJJ, but also Muay Thai and boxing? What are the resources that you think every aspiring fighter should be familiar with?

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Looking for "best" instructional resources
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 1:43 am 

Giancarlo bodoni chest to back and chest to chest series are high level and much less concept heavy but mainly focus on top position; for guard play I recommend defense first e.g. Gordon Ryan's Guard retention. Would also recommend some pure standup JFLO Academy is a good resource. They are not all on here but Firas Zahabis advanced basics and made easy Series has the most straight to the point instructional-videos I've seen and cover all the same things.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:08 am 
Site Admin

Hello,

Great to hear that you are training :)

You can also use our to find the "best" instructionals for your needs! ::thumright::

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:51 pm 
Site Moderator

How I do it:
step 1. - choose a technique I want to work on (for example Guillotine choke)
step 2. - find 5+ different instructionals with people talking about Guillotine choke and watch only the bits I'm interested in
step 3. - compare the 5+ different approaches and try all of them out on a grappling dummy first
step 4. - figure out which approach or combination of approaches works best for my personal body type
step 5. - try out the "my personal" approach in a drill with a friend
step 6. - drill the shit out of it on a dummy
step 7. - try it out in a real roll with a resisting opponent
step 8. - if it doesn't work go back to step 2... if it works choose another technique

There is no "best" instructional!!
And why would you limit yourself to only one instructional even if it was the "best".
The new world of interwebs created the possibility for you to have dozens of "senseis" at the same time....fucking use it!
And the beautiful mma-torrent community enabled you to do it with minimal investment... fucking use it!*

* and buy an instructional we are collectively missing and share it to give back to the community

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:16 am 
Site Admin

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]