[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - The Official Recommend a Movie Thread (locked)

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:46 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 33 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Juniors top 5 movies this month....
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:34 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for the tips!

:)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Movietips: Action
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:39 pm 
Site Admin

Smokin Aces 2 Assassins Ball 2009

I thought this movie was really cool. If you like action and gunfire you defenitely will love the movie. Makes me wanna watch Smoking Aces 1 again. One movie doesnt really have to do with the other but both are really well made, and this second even better then the first!

Walter Weed is an unassuming desk jockey at the FBI when the Bureau uncovers a plot to assassinate him. A team of degenerate, psychotic assassins dispatched by mystery man Hal Leuco to win a huge bounty includes a resourceful beauty who has a unique method of killing her prey, a power-tool wielding psychopath and a deadly master of disguise.

I truly recommend it.

Watched this release myself

Smokin Aces 2 Assassins Ball 2009 720p Bluray X264-DIMENSION

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:31 pm 
Special

Its Time for my Movies of the Month again.

1. Sherlock Holmes...I really loved this movie, was funny and plenty of action plus its the only mainstream movie i have seen with an armbar in. It is a Guy Ritchie film though you would not guess that from the way the film is shot and plays out.

2. Avatar..James Camerons epic multi million pound movie lives up to the hype and is a real big movie, there are some lose bits around the plot but it is one hell of a ride.

3..Armoured.. A Bank Job with a difference, starring Matt Dillion and a host of famous actors watch this edgy thriller crime twist and turn.

4.DayBreakers..Its the future and the human race is nothing but a food source for the army of vampires that now rule, Ethan Hawke plays a vampire hematologist who has to find a substitute for blood but what happens when he encounters some humans on the run.

5. Princess and the frog.. A kids Disney film but they went old skool with the cartoon and back to basics to make a funny little classic even adults will enjoy. The story is set in the Deep south and tells the tail of a young black girl who works hard for her dreams but all goes wrong when she kisses a frog..or does it.

..::::..

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:18 pm 

City Island - Not many people have even heard of this, starts Anthony Garcia as a father of 2, habitual liar (which makes the whole movie....matter of fact, the whole family are all habitual liars), he's a corrections officer who takes in a convict and who has dreams of acting. Charming, quirky, good story, good dialogue and cool scenery. I was really impressed....highly recommend it.

A Serious Man - Thought more would happen. Somewhat uneventful, shows the growth of a man in a troubled marriage (wasn't aware there was any trouble at all) Takes place in the 60s I believe, and they could have done a lot more in the movie and it ends quite abruptly, which kind of ruined it for me....left me saying "Is that it?" I liked Richard Kind's part in the movie, and even the lead actor was good. Good dialogue in that movie too.....I do like good dialogue.

Men Who Stare at Goats - I liked it a lot, didn't expect much. If you don't enjoy people getting high or movies where the protagonist is pretty inept, this movie isn't for you. Gotta love Jeff Bridges...this movie felt like it was written for him. But I love this Clooney, I love straight faced comedy Clooney...not Clooney from The Air Up There...where he was more smug and jilted. (which was great, but pretty depressing and I found after the first 30-40 minutes was pretty predictable)

The Hurt Locker - I enjoyed it, great story and tension and brought a new twist to Iraq/war movies. Don't think it is Oscar worthy because it's pretty much a mix of 2 movies....it has that, I think I have seen this before feel. Kinda cliche at times. Still pretty good and I'd watch it again.

The Cove - Wicked movie. The hardest thing to do is to get people to actually watch it. If you say, lets check this dolphin killing documentary out, usually they won't want to watch. Very thorough documentary, unbelievable stories and amazing film work and preparation.

Zombieland - Just came out on DVD. A few of my friends were scared away from it because they thought it was a Zombie movie/thriller/horror. It is not, it's a very well done comedy/road trip type movie. If you like Woody Harelson in a comedy, and sprinkle a little Bill Murray near the end, you will really love this one.

Tried to watch The Informant, got bored after 10 minutes, tried again, got through another 10 minutes, I'm going to try again when I have the time.

A movie nobody probably saw that was really good is called The Good the Bad and the Weird. Korean/Japanese western movie. Yup western....horseback riding, train robberies, gun fights. Really cool idea, well shot, good story and funny at some parts. Only problem is there are a lot of subtitles. I didn't mind, but I really liked this one.

Movies I plan on watching - 44 Inch Chest, Sherlock Holmes, Smoking Aces 2, Armored (which I'm not to psyched about, but looks like it will be decent...I hope it's not predictable) It's Complicated (my parents said it was good, has some weed smoking old people....Alec Baldwin or Steve Martin, which I always find enjoyable)

Post subject: Re: Movietips: Action
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:14 am 

Sherlock homes was great and it is amazing that most movies these days are not going for far sketched Hollywood fight scenes that make no sense. the truth is that mixed martial arts always seems to be referenced at points in the movie

Post subject: Re: [The Official Recommend a Movie Thread]
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:14 pm 
Special

bump..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:19 pm 
Special

Im usually all over new films, but there are lots of older films that I slept on at the time.

Such as the Bourne trilogy.

I have just the past couple of weeks watched the first 2, and looking forward to watching the 3rd. Great action flicks :)

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:04 pm 
Special

Edge of Darkness
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1226273/

Stars Mel Gibson.

As homicide detective Thomas Craven investigates the death of his activist daughter, he uncovers not only her secret life, but a corporate cover-up and government collusion that attracts an agent tasked with cleaning up the evidence.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 10:17 pm 

I really liked "Whatever Works" with Larry David.

And of course if you haven´t seen The Office series(English version of course). Then it´s a must. It takes 2-3 episodes to really get in to it.

Enjoy! :lol: :lol: :lol: