[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Why the bleep would I participate in a stupid competition?

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:23 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Why the bleep would I participate in a stupid competition?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:04 pm 
Site Admin

Hey hey beloved members :)

Lol sorry for the title, just thought it would draw your attention 8-} :)

But the question is real and I will explain why.

I participated in many MMA-Torrents competitions for the last 10 years (under a different username) just for fun. I never had great success, never won the belts nor did I win any league or competition. Still I am above average, and improving every year...

So I didn't win any big prizes in 10 years and have noting to boast about but I'm still super-hooked on the competitions.

Why?

Because it turns out that when you have made a bet, you picked a winner, it changes EVERYTHING! Suddenly fights with fighters I hardly knew, didn't normally care about, and fights I typically would have watched with one eye while doing something else in the past suddenly became incredibly important and got my full attention. Because, I had picked a winner, so competitive as I am, I of course wanted that fighter to win. Suddenly each and every fight had more meaning for me.
And if I missed entering a competition I felt like the fights where meaningless lol, I wouldn't win anything so I didn't care as much.

Event a stupid point in a silly competition is enough for me to see the fights in a whole other light. And I must say I love it!

It simply makes it much more fun to watch the fights!

Add to that the fact that I have had to start to research the fighters before each event to try to pick the winner to improve my stats, and that made me more knowledgeable and MMA-wise in general. Plus it's a great practice for betting real money.

If you have not tried entering a competition yet I strongly encourage you to give it a shot! It is a lot of fun and it does test your MMA smarts!

Why not start with this one:

And if that one is already closed, be sure there will be a new competition soon so dont blink ;)

Have fun guys! ::cheers::

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:27 pm 

hey dent, i totally agree with ya mate...well said. i woke up and saw the title for this post and i was gettin ready to tell someone to pull their head out of their ass lol, you definitely got my attention. i love the comps and like u say its not about the rewards ( although im very competitive and love to win).its about the social participation , its about making the events much more exciting by being invested in a particular fight or fighter or the entire event. so get into it boys!!..the more the merrier. good stuff dent, keep up the good work. this is a cool community of mma loving dudes and im sure i speak for everyone when i say we appreciate ya efforts dent...u and all the boys that put in the hard work behind the scenes to run this site and i personally love having the comps back. i got santos, hunt, pedro, martin, craig. i can already feel the belt around my waist. ::cheers::

..::::..

2017-2018

Post subject: Re: Why the f*** would I participate in a stupid competition?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:33 pm 
Site Admin

@motafinga Thanks so much for kind words mate, you get it! %%- Great reply!

I made the title provocative in an attempt to attract any user that thinks something similar as the title lol to see if I could change their minds. There are thousands of active members and only a few hundred have entered the new competition system so far. Would be awesome to see more do it. I just want more people to get the chance to enjoy the fights the way we do by simply betting a little on them because its f-ing fun ;)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:39 pm 

yeah dent..cheers to f ing fun!..i did make one mistake in my post that i wish to apologise for..i said this is a cool community of mma lovin dudes and what i meant to say was this is a cool community of mma lovin dudes and dudettes (sorry ladies) my wife and i go in the comps and we love taking the piss out of the loser. lol ..the winner gets braggin rights for days.

2017-2018

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:32 pm 
Site Admin

Oh yeah dudettes are more then welcome in this community! Some of the best fights are womens fights anyways.

This weeks comp is now closed, in case you missed it don't worry you can enter in next weeks, UFC 231, should be a good one ;)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]