[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - 'Downloaded' value is continuing to climb by itself - now my ratio is 0.31

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:53 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: 'Downloaded' value is continuing to climb by itself - now my ratio is 0.31
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 2:53 pm 

I've messaged a mod about this, but basically this morning my DL was around 60GB and upload around 40GB (ratio 0.67 or thereabouts), so i decided to get up at 6am GMT and download some fresh UFC uploads to boost my ratio. I downloaded three torrents (10GB ish in total) using Transmission, but wasn't getting any upload, so i closed Transmission, opened utorrent and started to seed the three (already downloaded) torrents.

3pm GMT and my DL/UL is now 171.79GB Uploaded: 52.99GB and my ratio is 0.31! Consequently i now have a 2 week warning. My download should literally only be 70GB.

I know it's against the rules to seed torrents with two clients at the same time - but i only had utorrent open to seed after i initially downloaded the 3 files with Transmission. In fact, the download value continues to rise even after closing utorrent.

I've seen similar posts about this kind of thing in the forums, but there never seems to have been a favourable outcome - am i basically screwed now until i either donate or download a new torrent that is likelyto get a lot of snatches?

Cheers - PG

Post subject: Re: 'Downloaded' value is continuing to climb by itself - now my ratio is 0.31
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 6:19 pm 

3 hours later, with no client open since 3pm (not seeding or downloading anything) and my figures are looking like this:

Downloaded: 240.79 GB Uploaded: 62.57 GB, Ratio 0.26..

Whaa?

Post subject: Re: 'Downloaded' value is continuing to climb by itself - now my ratio is 0.31
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:34 pm 
Site Admin

Hello,

If what you say is correct your torrent client, one of them or both, is probably sending bad data to the tracker, or something similar. Double seeding could also cause this.

What I don't understand is that you say your stats are changing without having any client open, but if I check your profile you are indeed actively seeding. So one client or the other must be open.

As per the peers list I see that its Transmission/3.00 and it is effectively seeding. I thought you said you had closed it? Please double check!

Edit: I see that on one of the other torrents you are seeding the peer says uTorrent/355 so you are in fact seeding from two different clients at same time right now. Make sure you are not seeding same torrent on both.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2022 7:52 pm 
Site Admin

You most likely need to either change torrent client or change something about your setup because what you experience is the exception of the normal, sure there are a few posts but very few people complain about it, and most important, not everybody!

We have done tests many many many times by now and the tracker works fine. The problems is in 99% of cases on the clients side.

And as far as I recall we will always solve the issue with the user, but almost always in private messages because it usually contains personal information like downloaded torrents and such.

I have contacted you in PM. :)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:00 pm 

Hi Dent, i didn't receive a PM, but i'm going to go ahead and uninstall Transmission now. I closed transmission before i opened utorrent and it wasn't in my system tray.. but perhaps sending data to the tracker in the background somehow. I take it there's nothing i can do about my ratio now? Thanks for your replies!

Also i tried to PM you but it says i was sending a message to too many recipients. Then i used the compose message option from my profile, your name wasn't in the list. Thanks again!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:30 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:34 pm 

Thanks, I had to preview my PM before it would send as well :\

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:13 pm 

@dent did you receive my PM reply? thanks

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2022 5:40 pm 
Site Admin

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]