Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: [Suggestion] Require a year in the name MMA torrents
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2021 3:22 pm 

If there are others like me who are trying to more automate torrent downloading for plex, emby, and jellyfin. This will be very useful to them and to this site as well.

Background:

I run a server that I use -arrs to automate downloading and processing of content. I have setup a separate instance of radarr to only automate Combat Sports and Wrestling content.

Issue:

Radarr will not automatically download files without the year in the torrent name, even if in the configuration search by year is disabled. Sonarr would technically be the correct app to fix this because year doesn't matter with tv shows, but the format for Combat Sports/WWE PPVs don't match the s00e00 format that sonarr likes, also TMDB has all the events correctly named and with posters and event information.

For instance radarr will not download a file name, "UFC on ESPN 29 Cannonier vs Gastelum 1080p WEB-DL H264 Fight-BB"
However, if the same file was named, "UFC on ESPN 29 Cannonier vs Gastelum 2021 1080p WEB-DL H264 Fight-BB" it would download.

Fix:

To required the year for torrent are created and uploaded to the server.

Benefit:

1. This will help this site in two ways, first it will allow this site to be fully compatible with automation via radarr.
2. I and many others have seed boxes connected to my -arrs. I automatically seed everything I download.
3. This will help the uploaders because as soon as radarr sees the first torrent that matches the quality it downloads and seeded until a ratio/time is reached.
4. It will increase the popularity, quality, and prestige of the site because people will know that this site will work correctly.

Let's discuss.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]