[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - MFC 21 Hard Knocks

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:57 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: MFC 21 Hard Knocks
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:49 pm 
Site Admin

bannerMFC21ext.jpg
bannerMFC21ext.jpg [ 86.39 KiB | Viewed 9855 times ]

MFC 21 Hard Knocks

MFC Light Heavyweight Championship

Emanuel Newton vs. Trevor Prangley

Bobby Lashley vs. Mike Cook
Travis Lutter vs. Dean Lister
Jake Ellenberger vs. John Alessio
Travis Galbraith vs. David Heath
Aron Lofton vs. Marvin Eastman
Bryan Baker vs. Brad Zazulak

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: MFC 21 Hard Knocks
PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:46 pm 
Special

Looks like a decent event. MFC has gone from a small show to hold some pretty good events lately. :D

Post subject: Re: MFC 21 Hard Knocks
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 3:46 pm 
Special

John alession looks to rebound at MFC 21

After having lost his last two fights, former UFC and WEC welterweight John Alessio found himself at a crossroads.

He could either resign himself to possibly never getting back to form, or he could make some serious changes to improve himself and get back on track.

Alessio chose the latter.

As he explained to MMAWeekly.com, “I had to re-evaluate what was going on. I had to do a little soul searching to figure out what I thought might have been wrong. Whether it be in training or my personal life, I just re-evaluated everything.”

While deciding to remain at Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas, Alessio shook things up by adding top Brazilian jiu-jitsu instructor Robert Drysdale and famed boxing coach Gil Martinez to his coaching staff.

Those additions, including his already established work with Muay Thai guru Shawn Tompkins, have him anticipating great things in his future performances.

“I think you’re going to see a big difference,” he stated. “You’re going to see a guy who is willing to stand in the pocket and trade more punches because I know now that my footwork and head movement have improved a lot.

“My jiu-jitsu has gotten a lot tighter and we'll be adding more submissions to my arsenal, but the main thing I’m looking for is more control on the ground. I’m excited to get out there and showcase the stuff I’ve been working on.”

Scheduled to face Andrew Buckland at the Maximum Fighting Championship on May 15 in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Alessio knows he’ll be in for a tough fight against an up-and-comer looking to make a name for himself.

“It’s a dangerous fight when you’re fighting a kid who’s got nothing to lose,” said Alessio. “He’s probably going to let it all hang out and be aggressive. But that’s just going to help me and fall into my game plan.

“I’ve got the experience, strength and all those things on my side. I’m going to use that to my advantage and take him out.”

Further motivating Alessio is his desire to rank among the top fighters at 170 pounds.

“Honestly, I’ve had enough of sitting in the middle,” he admitted. “I’ve been a fighter where you can say I’m not Top 10, but I’m not trash. I’m sitting in that middle zone and I’m (expletive) tired of it.

“My goals now are to become a black belt in jiu-jitsu, for my boxing and Muay Thai to be world class, continue to learn, develop my game and make my mark on this sport. I want to end up in the Top 10 and be a guy who isn’t forgotten about in 10 years down the road when I’ve stopped fighting.”

A win on Friday could not only put him back on the winning track, but it could also bring Alessio one step closer to his goals.

“I want to say thanks to Tapout, Knockout Wear, GAMMA-O, Dr. Shaw Chiropractic and Denaro Sports Marketing,” he concluded. “Thanks also to my girlfriend, my family and friends for all their support.

“I want to dominate this fight and then figure out what’s next. Whether it’s a run at a title in the MFC – which I’m very interested in – or fighting in the UFC; I just want to fight good opponents, get paid decent and have a good time.”

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]