[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - The Official Recommend a Movie Thread (locked)

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:07 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 33 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: [The Official Recommend a Movie Thread]
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 5:43 am 
Special

I enjoy Monthy Python (especcially Life of brian and The holy grail)
Mr bean is funny to watch with family.

Guess I enjoy the classics :mrgreen: .

And for the dutch people you need to see New kids on the block (if you haven't seen it yet)

..::::..

Favourite .. FIGHTer: Chan Sung Jung
Best looking FIGHTer: Michelle Waterson
Best retired FIGHTer: Bas Rutten
Best P4P ... FIGHTer: Anderson The Spider Silva!

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 12:07 am 
Special

The Book of Eli
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1037705/

Stars Denzel Washington.

A post-apocalyptic tale, in which a lone man fights his way across America in order to protect a sacred book that holds the secrets to saving humankind.

Watched this movie last night, and it is awesome. If you're into hand to hand (well melee to melee) combat and gun-fight scenes this movie is for you.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 1:59 pm 

This thread got me thinking about the last time I saw a movie that I liked... been a while. OK, I'm picky. Not some critic-type self-important type of picky, wanting something life-changing, just picky.

I agree with the Zombieland recommendations, fun movie.
For a fairly-recent action film, if you haven't already caught it, try "Taken" - . I think that's the last action film that really got two thumbs up from me, probably largely because I didn't have great expectations and was pleasantly surprised.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:19 pm 

Hmm, a few films I really like....

1) The Boondock Saints: A couple of Irish American vigilantes go on a tear against the mafia underworld.

2) Trainspotting: A modern British classic. A film about heroin users in Scotland. Far, far better than it sounds.

3) City of God: Set in the slums of Rio De Janeiro, a young boy grows up around gangs, girls and drugs.

4) Rise of the Footsoldier: Based on a true story, this shows the rise and fall of members of the criminal underworld in London and Essex through the 70s, 80's and early 90's.

5) Brother: A Japanese movie about a Yakuza member that leaves Japan to join his brother in America.

Looking for a top rate seedbox at discount prices? http://dentoo.info/shop

"A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me you didn't pay money for this?" - Raphael to Casey Jones in TMNT, 1990.

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 2:36 pm 
Site Admin

Good movies Painday, I second those! :)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 1:22 am 
Special

Yeah Taken was a sweet movie Chris.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:10 am 

Well beings that this is an MMA site, I'll suggest Ong Bak. IF you haven't seen that, then I really think you should. lol I love Muay Thai :!:

Btw, Book of Eli looks awesome, I've gotta watch that soon. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:45 pm 
Special

Hot tub time machine was funny..stupid but funny.

Date night also had me laughing at some points.

Green zone was a good watch too really intense and lots of twists in the plot and some action too.

Book of eli i thought was real good best film i seen this year.

Solomon kane is also worth a watch especially as its an action hero with a bristol accent. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:25 am 

The Human Centipede

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:38 am 

I just saw recently. Being a big fan of 's story writing and directing, and a huge fan of "mind fuck" style movies - Memento, Fight Club, Donnie Darko, etc. - this was instantly one of my favorite movies of all time.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 33 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next