[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Why upload YouTube videos?

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:18 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Why upload YouTube videos?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:11 pm 

I've been seeing alot of uploads from YouTube (UFC embedded, countdown, etc.)

Why?

Those are completely free to anyone online. And there are sites where you can upload the url yourself and download the video for FREE.

Seems like a waste and floods up the new upload announcements.

What are your thoughts you guys?

Post subject: Re: Why upload YouTube videos?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:30 pm 
Site Admin

Some Youtube videos are removed after a while, like the UFC Countdowns for example, and people like to save them. We have a MMATube where Youtube videos can be added, and we also allow people to upload anything mma related. Why complain that things are uploaded when people are downloading it? ::thumright::

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:22 pm 

Like I said in my post, they can be downloaded as mp4 from multiple sites. All you have to do is add the url. And it's free.

It wasn't a complaint. It was an observation. These videos barely (if ever) reach over 20 seeds.

I thought we were here to upload paid material to share with one another. And we all donate, too.

I appreciate your response though, Dent.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:01 pm 
Site Admin

I appreciate your question and interest in general, and I don't mind you asking at all. I'm simply explaining why we allow it.

Some members never download an event, and others never download an instructional, but we still share the interest and work in community to make it possible to get what we want. Did you consider that we have members from practically every single country in the world, not all with same access to all internet and media? I also recall requests for Countdowns and similar in the forum many times. The reasons can be so many for someone wanting to download something it's hard to know what they are exactly. Is you donating a reason for others not uploading Youtube videos? I don't understand... You find it irritating or something?

Its as simple as this. If you don't want it, don't download it. If someone else wants it, be it 20, or even 2, its worth the upload. Sharing is caring.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:25 pm 
Site Admin

We obviously don't want people to be irritated so I was thinking about a possible solution... I think that if we enforce that all YT videos are uploaded to the WebRip category it would make it possible for members to check all categories except that one in their account settings. That way these uploads would not be shown on browse page for the members that have it unchecked.

Let me think some more about it... ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:51 pm 

Trumpet Dan has a youtube channel, despite also providing two major DVDs on Closed Guard and Collar Sleeve. One of the videos from his passing lessons on the site is gone, and the only way to watch it is by downloading the torrent that has ALL of the lessons.

The point is that by keeping them available on here, we have a backup if they aren't available later on down the line

..::::..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 2:25 pm 

Personal example: wanted to watch the last UFC event with my friends, but we couldn't be up to watch it live. So, we decided to stay off all social media and watch it later that day. I wanted to download all the extras, the embedded vlogs / interviews / weigh-ins etc, to make it a whole evening, and not have just the fight.

The torrents of all the extra stuff was a spoiler-free way of getting this material. If I went on YouTube to rip it, I would've definitely caught a spoiler.

Maybe not the most popular use-case, but it helped me out, and I will seed this kind of material in the future.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:14 pm 
Site Moderator

also not all videos are available in all regions, just look at DAZN, cant get a sniff in here in the UK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:21 pm 
Site Admin

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]