[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [Event] UFC Fight Night 166 - Blaydes vs. dos Santos - Jan 25

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:59 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: [Event] UFC Fight Night 166 - Blaydes vs. dos Santos - Jan 25
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:17 am 
Site Admin

---

UFC Fight Night 166: Blaydes vs. dos Santos is an upcoming mixed martial arts event produced by the Ultimate Fighting Championship that is planned to take place on January 25, 2020 at PNC Arena in Raleigh, North Carolina, United States.

Fight card

Main Card (ESPN+)

Heavyweight Curtis Blaydes vs. Junior dos Santos
Welterweight Rafael dos Anjos vs. Michael Chiesa
Flyweight Jordan Espinosa vs. Alex Perez
Women's Strawweight Hannah Cifers vs. Angela Hill
Light Heavyweight Jamahal Hill vs. Darko Stošić

Preliminary Card (ESPN+)

Middleweight Bevon Lewis vs. Dequan Townsend
Featherweight Arnold Allen vs. Nik Lentz
Women's Flyweight Justine Kish vs. Lucie Pudilová
Bantamweight Montel Jackson vs. Felipe Colares
Women's Bantamweight Sara McMann vs. Lina Länsberg
Bantamweight Brett Johns vs. Tony Gravely
Featherweight Herbert Burns vs. Nate Landwehr

Background

The event will be the first that the promotion has hosted in Raleigh and first in North Carolina since UFC on Fox 27 in January 2018.

A heavyweight bout between Curtis Blaydes and former UFC Heavyweight Champion Junior dos Santos has been slated to serve as the event headliner.

A bantamweight bout was scheduled between Frankie Edgar and Cory Sandhagen at the event. However, Edgar was withdrawn from the fight in favour of facing Chan Sung Jung at UFC Fight Night 165 after Jung's original opponent, Brian Ortega, pulled out due to a knee injury. In turn, Sandhagen was removed from the card and is expected to be rescheduled for a future event after promotion officials deemed that a suitable opponent could not be arranged.

A middleweight bout between Bevon Lewis and Alen Amedovski was scheduled at the event. However, Amedovski was forced pulled out of the event, citing injury and he was replaced by Dequan Townsend.

A strawweight bout between Hannah Cifers and Brianna Van Buren was scheduled at the event. However, Van Buren was pulled from the event for an undisclosed reason and she was replaced by Angela Hill.

Featherweight fighters Josh Emmett and Nad Narimani pulled out of their scheduled fights against Arnold Allen and Nik Lentz respectively, citing injuries. As a result, Allen and Lentz will now face each other at the event.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: [Event] UFC Fight Night 166 - Blaydes vs. dos Santos - Jan 25
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:47 pm 

Hello:
I am just wondering if this UFC competition is going to be one of the venues on the competition list. Usually the events are posted for competition somewhat more in advance of the date of the competition.

Thank you.

..::::..

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:11 pm 
Site Admin

Hello cain1753,

Thank you for asking! There is no competition this week due to me being busy with some personal things. I will try to get UFC 247 comp done next week if all goes well. Unfortunately right now Im the only admin or moderator that does the competitions and in wait for someone to come along and help me out I will have to take a break now and then. Sorry for the circumstances and thank you for your patience! :D

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:34 pm 

Thank you for responding. Personal things in a person's life should come first. Finalizing the full results at the end of last year must have taken a great deal of effort and also a great deal of time. Hopefully you will find someone that can pitch in to lessen the load moving forward. As for the people that appreciate the competitions and understand the effort that has to be put forward to make them possible we appreciate what you do. I am so used to making picks now that I do it even when it is not official. It keeps me in tune for the actual competitions and also gives me some fun while doing it. I also hope that your personal affairs can be dealt with in a such a manner so as to provide the best outcome. Look after that first. We will look forward to further competitions when the time and circumstances are right.

Many Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:37 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for understanding!

We used to have some other admins doing the competitions for years and I guess now its my turn :) I love doing them, just that Ill be very busy these days.

Thanks again for your kind words!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:14 am 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:10 am 

I don't mind DC as a fighter. I don't rate him as a commentator or a pundit though. I'm also not a fan of the crazy levels of narcissism that guys like he and McGregor show and that Anderson Silva showed back in his prime. I understand why they think that way, but it's not for me.

DC is a serious champ, no doubts about it. I think many people though, myself included, will look back at his career and think "what if"?

What if the guy did serious cardio and got rid of that ugly gut? What if he didn't showboat by thinking he could take 15 liver shots in a row without consequence? What if he complemented his amazing wrestling and power with some serious BJJ a la Frank Mir?

He'll still go down in history because of the double belts, but he had so much more potential with a little more willpower. Saying that, I'm a nobody and he's a multiple division champ, so, what do I know.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:14 am 

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

I will get back to you regarding this moonshinesun, thank you for your offer! :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]