[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - I am having trouble with ratio

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:05 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: I am having trouble with ratio
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:39 am 

I had my ratio up to 5.88, but then downloaded Marcelo's pack and it killed it. Now it is sitting at 1.8. Seems no one is downloading anything I have anymore and I am afraid to download new stuff since it will tank my ratio further. Any suggestions?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:16 pm 
Site Admin

Hello,

Did you read this guide?

Guide to build up a ratio with a slow upload speed
https://foru.mma-torrents.com/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=1979

It has a lot of general recommendations and tips so I truly recommend reading it :)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:05 am 

Yes. I think I am just having bad luck with my files.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:45 am 
Site Admin

To simplify you could say that to build up ratio you should...

1. . New things are popular and should give you at least the uploads file size in ratio boost. Making a pack of previous releases and uploading it is a great way of getting a boost!
2. . The sooner you get them after they are uploaded the more upload credit you should get in theory. Freeleech packs are good, you can seed them for months (years) and in time they are usually good ratio builders.
3. If you have a good upload you can get new popular releases as soon as they are uploaded and get upload credit when other jump on the torrent.
4. Do not get old non freeleech torrents. The risk is that nobody will download same file because it is older, and you will not get any upload credit from it.
7. Have patience with the downloads until you have a good ratio. Do not download too much torrents (unless it is freeleech) if your ratio is low.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:23 pm 

I am new to the site. Just got invited this week. I grabbed two torrents so far, and sadly, only one of them gave me back very little upload credit. So already, I am in danger of losing my account. As I already received one of those 14 day notices.

So, that being said. How do I tell which torrents are Free Leech torrents to help build my ratio, as I do have a seed box, and will grab them all tbh, and throw them in the seed box tonight if needed.

***[EDIT: Figured out which ones were Freeleech by doing a little digging. So grabbed the latest one, which is rather large, so hopefully it helps with my ratio a bit. I will obviously grab all the Free Leech torrents until I get my ratio back up, but if there is anything else you can suggest, I am very open to any suggestions that will help.]***

Also, what are the more popular Fights on this site. I grabbed Kunlun Fight 69, which gave me back a little bit of credit, and then Pancrase 293 (which was a rather large dl) and didn't give me anything back. So if there were Free Leech versions of these that I didn't know of, I would of really loved to have grabbed those.

The only way I know I will get some ul credit back is this Saturday, as I can grab the upcoming UFC from my usual scene site and then ul here. As it seems you guys don't get Verum releases as fast as we do on my usual Scene site. I mean, its the same exact release... Just seems like its posted a day later I noticed from looking at the Verum releases on this site. So I can very much help with those releases.

I just want to be a very positive member and do my part to upload. But if I could get some guidance on which fights usually get the best credit, I will grab them and throw them in my seed box every time they come out, even if I don't watch them. (which I am sure I would end up watching most of them)

Any other suggestions would greatly appreciated!!!
Cheers in Advance,

DarkCast

..::::..

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:10 am 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:22 am 

Thank you very much for the warm welcome Dent. I greatly appreciate it! ::thumright::

Also, thank you very much for the guide. I actually have a decent UL speed, I just need a better Modem to open all my channels, as I am only using 8 of 16 atm. So only using half my speed that I am currently paying for... Which kind of stinks, but I will have the new one by the end of the month. And as stated I have a Seed Box, but the client is down for maintenance atm, so just waiting for them to come back up and will be adding my torrents to that.

I just hope that they give me a little leniency since I am new to build up my ratio. But going to read the guide and I will stick to it until I get my speed up, and probably even after then, so I continue to build a high ratio. I am one that hates having a horrible ratio.

Once again, thank you kindly Dent.

DarkCast

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:30 pm 
Site Admin

No problems mate! :D

I hope that you get some good freeleech torrents added to the seedbox and that it sorts out all your ratio trouble.

Let me know if you need further assistance! (*)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:34 am 

Cheers mate. Already out of the bad ratio zone, with just the two free leech torrents I grabbed, and haven't even started to use my Seedbox. And I still need to buy a new Modem to use all 16 of my channels as stated. Only at .66, but did that in one day. Thank you so much for that guide. Was extremely helpful.

Thank you once again Dent for all your help.

Cheers mate,

DarkCast

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]