[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - UFC reinstates ex-champ Jon Jones

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:13 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: UFC reinstates ex-champ Jon Jones
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:59 pm 
Site Admin

Former UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones is an active member of the company’s roster once again.

UFC officials today announced his reinstatement from an indefinite suspension, though an exact return date and opponent haven’t been determined.

Jones (21-1 MMA, 15-1 UFC) is currently completing community service as part of a plea agreement following his involvement in an April hit-and-run incident that left a pregnant woman with a broken arm. “Bones” pled guilty to one felony charge and was given an 18-month probation stint along with the 72 community appearances.

The 28-year-old, who’s ranked No. 1 at light heavyweight and No. 1 pound-for-pound in the NOS Energy Drink MMA rankings, had won the UFC title and defended it eight consecutive times before his latest out-of-the-cage legal issue.

From UFC.com:

Following a review of the plea agreement reached by Jon Jones and officials in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and the judge’s decision, UFC announced today the formal reinstatement of Jones to the UFC roster. Effective immediately, Jones is eligible to return to competition. As such, UFC expects Jones to meet all of the terms of his plea agreement, including mandatory community service, as a condition of his reinstatement.

UFC is currently discussing with Jones a potential date for his return to the Octagon.

“We’ve made it clear to Jon that this new opportunity to compete in UFC is a privilege and not a right, and that there are significant expectations we have regarding his conduct moving forward,” said UFC Chairman and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta. “We’re happy to read and see reports that he has embraced the terms of his plea agreement and is using this experience to grow and develop as a person.”

“I am thankful to be able to do what I love once again and I look forward to proving myself as a champion in and outside of the Octagon,” Jones said.

Following the announcement, Jones issued a statement saying, “It took me losing almost everything I had worked for to realize how much I had.”

From Jones (via Facebook):

I am grateful for the opportunity to resume my career and I am excited to show how much I've grown as a person outside of the octagon. It took me losing almost everything I had worked for to realize how much I had. I am blessed and humbled by the continued support of the MMA community and I can't thank my fans enough for their unwavering support through my ups and downs. This marks the beginning of a new chapter in my life and my career and let me assure you, the best is yet to come.

As Jones continues to fulfill his court-appointed obligations, he can now add a fight camp to his schedule.

In Jones’ absence, Daniel Cormier won the vacant title. Jones, who defeated Cormier before his suspension, then saw the new chanp notch a successful title defense against Alexander Gustafsson earlier this month,

Jones posted a video revealing that he misses “it” – fighting. Moreover, he later stated that he’s eager to show the world what he’s really capable of.

Although UFC officials haven’t confirmed Jones vs. Cormier II is next, the longtime rivals did some Twitter trash-talk earlier this week.

Source: http://mmajunkie.com/2015/10/ufc-reinst ... -jon-jones

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 1:39 pm 

I hope he gives at least another fight before screwing up again

..::::..

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:49 pm 

i hope they make him fight a few times befor the title shot, like they said..."its a privilage, not a right"! and i think he must earn it back rather than just hand him the fight like its a well earned treat.

..::::..

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]