[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - If it arises should Rashad Evans fight Jon Jones?

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:53 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]

If it arises should Rashad Evans fight Jon Jones?
Yes 92%  92%  [ 11 ]
No 8%  8%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 12
 Post subject: If it arises should Rashad Evans fight Jon Jones?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:29 pm 
Special

All the recent talk of this has prompted me to create a poll and see what people think.

Feel free to add a post explaining the reasoning behind your choice.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

Post subject: Re: If it arises should Rashad Evans fight Jon Jones?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:50 pm 
Site Admin

What are they, married? I would fight my best friend any day. Why not, we are friends!

I think its all makes them look like some posh primadonnas. They WILL fight eachother if Dana wants it.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:00 am 
Special

i voted yes but i reckon they shouldnt fight...
i think jones would easily beat evans if they fought...

FUCK YOU AND ALLLLLLLLLLL YOUR BELTS... >=\

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:06 am 

yes they should fight each other... they are friends but im sure they would still remain friends after it... fighters say " i am never going to fight him because we are best friends " thats bullshit, i understand the bond etc they would have with training together for so long but this is the fight game, the business your career and your meal ticket. if you are in the same weight class and train together surely for a title shot you would fight against each other to be a champion... thats what every fighter desires and trains hard for... TOO BECOME A CHAMPION!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:57 am 
Site Admin

Some of my best friends in life started as worst enemies, but after you have some kind of confrontation you earn a special respect for eachother. It's not about who wins but about getting all that negative energy between you to dissapear. It's there even if you dont see it. And when it's gone, thats when you can start to talk about really knowing the other person.

I do understand what they are aiming at. Some kind of brothership and special bond they have. But what I think they dont understand is that it will only make it stronger if they fight. And make them both better fighters.

Jon Jones did say on recent interview with Ariel Helwani that he will fight Rashad if Dana tells him to. Wich shows he has matured a little at least. It is after all about, Dana White, Money and the Fans. If you dont like it you should have chosen another promotion/sport dear Jon.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:51 pm 
Special

I can't imagine having a proper fight with a friend, but then I'm a lover not a fighter so my opinion doesn't really count.

..::::..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:15 am 
Site Admin

If you are training with a friend for years, doing the same sport. Wouldnt you find it really fun and cool to compare yur skills for real and see who really has learned and been able to develop best? I mean you can sparr with a friend so why cant you have a proper fight (with gloves and all).

Hey I even have had some fights with good friends without gloves or protection without a thought of not hitting 'too hard' or whatever, been beaten and bruiced, rolled around in the bushes... then got up looked at my friend and started to laugh our asses off. (Specially at the looks of other peoples faces around lol). Went back home and made some dinner and talked about it and had fun at the stupid things we tried. Of course its not that fun to have blue eyes, scars and shit but body heals so fast anyways its amazing. My point is with a friend like that you have a special bond. Fighting is not always about violence, its a part of who we are and what we do. And can bring us closer.

It's always fun to be able to say "Hey, you remember that time when I kicked your ass?" and your friend says "what do you mean, I kicked the shit out of you!" and then you have a fun talk about a memory you will never forget and can always bring up and will remind you of how good friends you are.

Im defenitely a lover, not a fighter and I hate violence. But I love the noble art of fighting!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:36 pm 
Special

I also selected that they should fight if it arises.

The aim of the sport is competition and to show through that competition who is the best MMA fighter in the world. If you are the champ and there is a guy who has trained with you for many years, wouldn't you like to not only one, prove that you are the best in the world, but two, show that even someone who trains with you and knows your weaknesses in and out can't defeat you.

I can also see it from the side of not wanting to set back your friends career or injuring them so that they can't earn income to support their family, but at the end of the day your job is fighting and it comes with the territory.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]