[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [Poll] Who is The Ultimate Favourite Fighter (prizes to win)

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:27 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 34 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is The Ultimate Favourite Fighter according to you?
Poll ended at Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:47 pm
Jose Aldo 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Shinya Aoki 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Mike Thomas Brown 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Dominick Cruz 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Nick Diaz 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Fedor Emelianenko 28%  28%  [ 24 ]
Urijah Faber 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Kenny Florian 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Dan Hardy 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
Quinton Jackson 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Scott Jorgensen 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Lyoto Machida 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Gegard Mousasi 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B.J. Penn 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
Georges St. Pierre 15%  15%  [ 13 ]
Mauricio Rua 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Anderson Silva 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Wanderlei Silva 14%  14%  [ 12 ]
Paulo Thiago 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Cain Velasquez 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 85
 Post subject: [Poll] Who is The Ultimate Favourite Fighter (prizes to win)
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 5:47 pm 
Special

All polls per weight class have ended and the next step is to pick The Ultimate Favourite Fighter (TUFF) according to our wonderful members on this forum. I have combined all the winners and runners up per weight class and added most 3rd places per poll based on the highest percentages to complete the maximum of 20 voting entries.

I have said earlier on in one of the polls that I would make it more difficult for you all. Indeed I will because now you can pick only ONE fighter.

I also mentioned that it would be even nicer for you and here it comes. You can WIN PRIZES adding a reply to this vote. What must you do to win something?

Rules to win:

1. Vote on your favourite fighter and mention your pick in a reply. Be sure who you choose as you can not change your vote!

2. Describe as perfect and nice as possible why you have voted for this fighter. This will basically determine most of the end result, so try and spend time on this as much as possible. Write a poem, describe his best moves, his best fights or whatever you can come up with to give this fighter credits from your heart.

3. Add a title of a song and the artist that would picture this fighter best. This can be because of the lyrics or the rhythm, whatever part of the song fits him. Describe also shortly why. If this song has not been selected yet it will also be added on our next CD.

Now the prizes:

3rd place will get 5 GB upload added to his or her account
2nd place will get 15 GB upload added to his or her account and a free invite.
1st place will get 25 GB upload added to his or her account and 2 free invites.

The staff is excluded from the prizes but can of course add their contribution to the post as best as they can. The poll will run for 61 days and after that the staff will vote on who won. If you did win, the rules to invites apply to these as well. It does not have to be the winning pick that wins a prize, it is all about the reply.

I hope you all think this is a nice idea and we are really looking forward to see all of your replies and odes to your favourite fighter. Enjoy and think carefully what you will write.

..::::..

Post subject: Re: [Poll] Who is The Ultimate Favourite Fighter (prizes to win)
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:02 pm 

BJ PENN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I love his entrance song !!!!
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfrzjsxALFM][/youtube]

Why him !?
Just because he is the best , noone have so good defence,(just try to take him down :)) he is verry good on the ground and like he showed against edgard not afraid to keep the fight standing!
He will show everyone in ufc 118 that edgard isnt the best fighter !! Maybe in stand up but Bj Penn will take him down this time !!

For me he still is the champ and he will be the champ again !!

Voila sheers
Doggy

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 7:26 pm 
Special

of the above I like watching Paulo Thiago the most.
its 50/50 now Paulo has half the votes of 2 :lol:
that meens he's number 1 now ;)

Favourite .. FIGHTer: Chan Sung Jung
Best looking FIGHTer: Michelle Waterson
Best retired FIGHTer: Bas Rutten
Best P4P ... FIGHTer: Anderson The Spider Silva!

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 9:18 pm 

Wanderlei Silva is a pretty obvious pick. The most aggressive and entertaining fighter ever. And he is also a very nice and humble person outside of the cage and he loves his fans. Wanderleis knees are just brutal he has also a very good defensive ground game which people seem to forget. He has had a great and entertaining career and still delivers. My favourite fight by Wanderlei must be the second time he fought Rampage that knee was brutal and the way how Rampage fell to the ropes Godmannn!!!

Wanderleis signature song must be his entrance song Sandstorm by Darude. He has used it for a long time and it all always gives me goosebumps when i hear the song just before his fights. And I like the fact that I am from Finland as is Darude so i really like that Wanderlei enjoys finnish music.

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:33 pm 
Special

I picked Wanderlei Silva.

I agree Lynfast. He is probably one of the most popular MMA fighters around. Due to his friendly nature and his awesomely entertaining fighting style. None of his opponents ever have a bad word to say about him, well maybe Hardy but that seems to be British tactics these days.

I remember him mentioning in an interview that his autograph lines were always the longest which amazed him.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 10:59 pm 

anderson silva because he is an absolute nightmare to get in the ring with - nuff said

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:13 pm 
Special

Just a small reminder, this is also a competition and read the first post carefully to know what to do. So it is not just a poll but also a method to show the respect to the fighter and describe your pick as best as you can in words as well as a song (does not have to be the entrance song of the fighter)

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:05 am 

I chose Aoki for a few reasons. First, he consistently puts on entertaining fights. Obviously the Strikeforce fight sucked but he didn't really take that much damage and should've worn knee and ankle braces.
He finishes guys with crazy stuff that's sometimes brand new. The Aokiplata was one of the coolest subs I've seen. Granted, it wasn't against the most skilled opponent, but it was still cool as hell. Neck cranks, arm-breaking hammerlocks, last-second armbars, RNC while opponent waves to the crowd; it's always exciting.

His pants. If Cro Cop has head kicks and Silva has head stomps, Aoki has pants. I'm no homo/metrosexual, but I love his pants. They get crazier and more flamboyant every fight. In addition to being original and crazy, they're also extremely smart (but the candy-canes were my favorite). He knows they can help him a lot and he takes advantage of that.
Energy. He comes out screaming along to his entrance song in a gi. He scooted after his opponent on several occasions.

Now in his defense: he shouldn't have flicked off Hirota, but I don't blame him for breaking his arm. He wasn't going to tap, even facing a broken arm, so Aoki took it to the next level and broke it. In the Melendez fight, no one convincingly won. Melendez definitely controlled the fight and deserved the win, but Aoki didn't get close to a submission and Melendez didn't land anything heavy until the last 10 seconds.

Now I chose "Kom Igen Lena" by Hakan Hellstrom. TBH I don't know enough Swedish to understand the lyrics lol. So I chose it for the rhythm and tempo. It's upbeat and fast. It sort of has a "fun" feeling to it, and I feel like Aoki has that style of carefree, all-out.
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4KxpC6-t28][/youtube]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:10 pm 

I agree with everything Lynfast said
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vr6VXBbMrs8&feature=related][/youtube]

I get hyped up hearing that Japanese lady and hearing the song they need her in the UFC just to announce when wanderlei comes out :lol:
Spmeone help me embed please :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:52 pm 
Site Admin

[youtube=][/youtube]

put the video code directly after the = and before the ]

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DXRIbrjHsk]

:)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 34 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next