[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [Poll] Who is The Ultimate Favourite Fighter (prizes to win)

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:58 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 34 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Who is The Ultimate Favourite Fighter according to you?
Poll ended at Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:47 pm
Jose Aldo 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Shinya Aoki 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Mike Thomas Brown 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Dominick Cruz 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Nick Diaz 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Fedor Emelianenko 28%  28%  [ 24 ]
Urijah Faber 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Kenny Florian 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Dan Hardy 6%  6%  [ 5 ]
Quinton Jackson 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Scott Jorgensen 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Lyoto Machida 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Gegard Mousasi 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
B.J. Penn 9%  9%  [ 8 ]
Georges St. Pierre 15%  15%  [ 13 ]
Mauricio Rua 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Anderson Silva 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Wanderlei Silva 14%  14%  [ 12 ]
Paulo Thiago 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Cain Velasquez 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 85
 Post subject: Re: [Poll] Who is The Ultimate Favourite Fighter (prizes to win)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:58 pm 

I choosed Wanderlei Silva for multiple reasons :

1- I became a "real" MMA fan since I saw one of his firt fights in Pride. Big entrance, and presented as "the axe murderer" ... wow i though "who is that guy ?" first round ... win by KO ... total devastation ...

2- His entrance and his spirit on the ring make him a fearless and feared fighter

3- Stomps !!!

4- Wanderlei is the perfect example of brutal, technical MMA Fighter.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wa3Z9umVpHE][/youtube]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:47 am 
Special

Some nice replies so far. If you think you can do better, I dare you to do so. Could lead to nice prizes you know :D

..::::..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:13 am 
Special

I have decided to go for an underdog by the name of Scott Jorgensen.

The reason why I have decided to choose him is because I think he is a true contender and maybe a future champ. I have watched only a few fights but man can he deliver. His choke after 31 seconds I believe was awesome and his last match against Banuelos (rematch after he lost first on split decision) started out not so well but then Scott showed his class. He changed his game plan a bit and did whatever he could to get the job done. That is why I like him so much. He seems to get better and better not just per fight but also during a fight. On the ground as well as a striker. But most of all he excites the crowd by the way he fights, not like some do, hang around after a take down, hump and hump to victory. That is not my favourite way of winning a fight but I do respect that part of MMA.

Another reason why I like him is because his hair looks cool and despite that he seems to have some pigment skin problems he dares to go on TV. Some might think it would look bad and they would not go on to show their flaws. He just does not seem to be bothered at all.

All and all a great fighter that made me want to see more and more.

Now I need to choose a song that would fit him. That is a tough call...but I think I found one that probably would make him hyped up for a fight and probably laugh as well. It is from the movie Eurotrip and the band is called Lustra. I just hope his girlfriend is not called Fiona :D

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51ncDQYxsm8][/youtube]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:17 am 
Special

OK people, the last week has started. You can still compete and try to win this long yet nice poll (I must admit I liked it a lot). There is still a fair chance.

Enjoy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:36 am 
Special

Anderson Silva.

There are numerous reasons why I vote Anderson Silva. The guy has been untouchable for half of a decade, and has taken on all challengers. Silva is constantly making history as well; he sports a perfect 11-0 record in the UFC, is close to setting the record for most title defenses AND is very close to setting the longest title reign in UFC history! Silva hasn't had the most entertaining fights at Middleweight lately, but you can't argue the history-making facts. Moreover, its important to remember that his last three Middleweight challengers have all been intimidated by him. Remember: it takes two to fight. Anderson has fought and won titles at Welterweight and Middleweight. Moreover, he has the potential to win a title at Light Heavyweight. If he beats Chael Sonnen (R), then Anderson definitely needs to fight in the Light Heavyweight division, and prove exactly why I am picking him for the TUFF poll.

Honestly, his current theme fits his aura, attitude, rhythm and style perfectly.
[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnwR9vv7i6A][/youtube]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:35 pm 
Special

The poll has ended and we will be looking at the winners of the prizes asap.

However I did wish to give you the end results of the poll.

After comparing all the results this is our outcome. 3 fighters did not get any votes and ended up at the 18th place:

18 Mike Thomas Brown
18 Dominick Cruz
18 Gegard Mousasi

Six fighters only received one vote from a member of our forum. They ended up at a divided 12th place:

12 Shinya Aoki
12 Kenny Florian
12 Quinton Jackson
12 Scott Jorgensen
12 Lyoto Machida
12 Cain Velasquez

Three fighters received a total of 2 votes resulting in a 9th place:

09 Nick Diaz
09 Urijah Faber
09 Paulo Thiago

The following fighter made it to the 8th place with a total of 3 votes:

08 Mauricio Rua

Two fighters received a total of 4 votes and they ended up at the 6th place:

06 Jose Aldo
06 Anderson Silva

And now the top 5 of our TUFF 2010 MMA-Tor Poll...

With a total of 5 votes getting the 5th place:

05 Dan Hardy

With a total of 8 votes reaching 4th place:

04 B.J. Penn

And our bronze TUFF medal with a total of 12 votes goes to:

03 Wanderlei Silva

The silver TUFF medal with a total of 13 votes has been won by:

02 Georges St. Pierre

And The Ultimate Favourite Fighter of the members of the MMA-Tor forum with a total of 24 votes goes to:

01 Fedor Emelianenko

I wish to thank the voters and especially the ones that also competed in this competition. The winners will receive their prizes as soon as we decided who won :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:09 pm 

Never got to vote on poll but im gonna have to go with my favorite BJ Penn, not only because of his MMA career but his Live Like a Champion program and his Penn kids foundation and the way he gives back to his community true Hawain.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:08 am 
Site Admin

Great poll, great competition! I am enjoying reading your posts a lot, and the music :) Awesome!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:25 am 

Hello.

For my, Georges St. Pierre is a MACHINE.

Is very, very good.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:04 pm 
Site Admin

Poll ended at Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:47 pm

This topic is now locked

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 34 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next