[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [Poll] Who is your favourite lightweight fighter

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:57 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is your favourite lightweight fighter?
Poll ended at Tue May 11, 2010 3:01 am
B.J. Penn 27%  27%  [ 20 ]
Shinya Aoki 15%  15%  [ 11 ]
Eddie Alvarez 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Kenny Florian 16%  16%  [ 12 ]
Tatsuya Kawajiri 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Gray Maynard 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Frankie Edgar 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Gilbert Melendez 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Sean Sherk 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Mizuto Hirota 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Gesias Cavalcante 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Tyson Griffin 7%  7%  [ 5 ]
Benson Henderson 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Jim Miller 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Diego Sanchez 3%  3%  [ 2 ]
Jens Pulver 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Joe Stevenson 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Nate Diaz 9%  9%  [ 7 ]
Efrain Escudero 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Other (add which one in a reply please) 8%  8%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 74
 Post subject: [Poll] Who is your favourite lightweight fighter
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:01 am 
Special

After a little time to breathe it was time to add another poll.

This time it is for the lightweight class.
Please add the explanation of your picks in a reply and also let us know which fighter you pick if you choose other (please mention something like Other: Fighter's name).

Have fun picking your favourites no matter if they are the best or you just like them for their attitude, spirit or whatever :)

In case you have not voted in other polls, enter your picks for these , , and .

..::::..

Post subject: Re: [Poll] Who is your favourite lightweight fighter
PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:21 am 
Special

I picked Florian and Other twice from the list.

Florian is an excellent fighter, well rounded, and his fights are always exciting, but I also really like him for his analysis and presentation on MMA Live, etc. He's such a dedicated martial artist and comes across as a really nice guy.

Clay Guida. Why was he not on the list?! ;-) The dude is always exciting, never stops, and was involved in so many fight of the nights and fight of the years. Those wars against Huerta and Sanchez - wow!

Which brings me on to Other choice 2: Roger Huerta. Similiar to Guida in that every fight is exciting, he's always pushing the action, he's super-agressive. Looking forward to seeing him in Bellator and hopefully a return to big fights - against Alvarez would be awesome.

A common theme in pretty much every person I've picked in all these polls is the ability to communicate well outside of the cage and to be a good person and an ambassador for MMA, and all three of these guys do that really well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:48 pm 
Site Admin

I voted:

Shinya Aoki - I like his style. He's a freak. :) Crazy.

Kenny Florian - Apart from being a good fighter, he is also a good representative for the sport and very correct.

Clay Guida - The fact that when he enters the arena its like an energybomb hits the audience. I love his energy.

DANG - I already voted and now I remebered my top pick - Ben Henderson (WEC) argh!!!

Honorable mentions to:

Donald Cerrone (!!)
Joachim Hansen
Takanori Gomi
Josh Thomson

Edit:

If I voted again i would go for

1. Shinya Aoki

2. Donald Cerrone

3. Ben Henderson

but too late now lol so I stand by my frist picks

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:52 pm 

What can I say...

1. BJ Penn, not just because I think he is the best (which he is) but because of that he wins most by stoppages and is always exciting. The conditioning problem that he used to have in his prior fights used to make the fight even more exciting.

Example: [Opponent] has good cardio, will BJ Penn be able to stop him and what will happen if BJ don't and goes futher into the championship rounds.

2. Nate Diaz, solely because of his fighting style, slick BJJ and unorthodox boxing style.

3. Efrain Escudero. Interesting prospect and reminds me of GSP. I think losing to Evan Dunham is gonna be to Efrain, what losing to Matt Serra was to GSP.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:43 pm 

1: Clay Guida - It's the positive energy he brings whenever he enters the octagon
2: Diego Sanchez - YES YESSS YESSSS!!! :D
3: Kenny Florian - Hard work and dedication! = Kenny Florian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:34 pm 

B.J.Penn = enough said
Shinya Aoki = really like watching him grapple such skill and technique really hope he tools Melendez alot of people not giving him a chance
Eddie Alvarez = Really impressed me since i first seen him in Dream

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:39 pm 
Special

Nate Diaz - he is a Welterweight now, but I'll still vote for him. I like the amount of punches he throws, he's skilled on the ground (unless he is fighting a wrestler) and his pre-fight hype is always hilarious. He's also hilarious during the fight, whenever he talks shit, throw his hands up and fucks with his opponent. Fortunately, he's packing some power behind his punches now at Welterweight, but it remains to be seen whether or not he can deal any better with the wrestlers at 170. Wrestlers had their way with Diaz at 155, and the same is likely to happen at 170, if Diaz doesn't work on proper defense.

Jens Pulver - practically the man that started it all. He has a great attitude, and in his day, Jens was the King. It's been rough watching him fight lately, but he cemented his legacy a long time ago, and nothing will change that.

Gilbert Melendez - I love watching this guy fight, and I think he's going to tear Shinya Aoki apart in April. Eventually, I hope he fights in the UFC.

Honorable mention to Kenny Florian; Kenny can own any Lightweight fighter on the scene today, unless his name is BJ Penn. If BJ moves up to 170 permanently, then the Championship will inevitably belong to Florian.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:07 am 

#1 George Sotiropoulos - It sucked seeing him get eliminated from Ultimate Fighter after the eyepoke he took. His armbar over Jason Dent was gorgeous. Crisp submissions, brilliant jiu-jitsu and sharp boxing make him a threat in all areas. Hopefully George will be the one to expose Gray Maynard. I can't wait to see him fight for the title against...

#2 BJ Penn - I love how people downplay the talents of BJ Penn just because of the GSP fight. Everybody loses to GSP in the exact same fashion. BJ is the best 155 guy in the world and I always look forward to his fights. He has great boxing and his jiu-jitsu is off the charts. This guy knows how to finish fights and his personality is awesome. I love hearing him talk, whether he is hyping up a fight or just having a conversation. I'm a big fan.

#3 Tyson Griffin - This may be an odd choice, but I love his style. Maybe it's the way that he does laps around the cage immediately after the bell to show off his insane cardio. Maybe it's the fast paced boxing that he loves to implement on his opponents. Maybe it's the fact that he knocked Hermes Franca out cold in a feat that shocked the MMA world. 2010 could be a breakout year for him.

Kenny Florian - Always a blast to watch, but it was laughable watching him try to use GSP's gameplan against Penn. 0-2 in title shots. The only way this guy has a shot at the belt is if somebody else upsets BJ.

Sean Sherk - Now that the steroids are behind him, lets see the kind of fights he can put on before retirement. It's crazy to believe that this guy is approaching 40.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:15 am 

1. Kenny Florian - I love everything about this dude except his brother. The man is good at everything, finishes fights, and is someone I've just been drawn to since I started watching MMA.

2. Tyson Griffin - I always love watching this dude fight. Griffin has never been in a boring fight to me. I mean, the dude's won 5 Fight of the Night awards. His fight vs. Sherk is one of my Top-10 fights ever. Guy needs a title shot.

3. Tie: Joe Stevenson/Joe Lauzon - Joe Daddy is a veteran, will fight anyone, and has a ton of heart. Plus he's fun to follow as he's so happy and proud to be a dad, and always has funny pictures/anecdotes. J-Lau is also fun to follow, but for different reasons. I want to play 360 with him and his brother, his "sitcom" with Miguel Torres is hilarious, and overall one of the most fun fighters in the UFC.

185 - Chael Sonnen (R-Oregon), Hendo, Quarry, Lombard, Marquardt, Lawlor
205 - Hamill, Captain America, Ace Franklin, Bones, King Mo
265 - Grim Rogers, Mir, Anyone fighting Brock, Big Country, Struve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:43 pm 

Kawajiri. i love his style and heart

Fan of Fighters, Not Organizations.

UFC HW BELT = SAKU BELT

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next