[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [Poll] Who is your favourite light heavyweight fighter

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:53 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

[Poll] Who is your favourite light heavyweight fighter?
Poll ended at Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:37 pm
Lyoto Machida 12%  12%  [ 10 ]
Mauricio Rua 18%  18%  [ 15 ]
Quinton Jackson 12%  12%  [ 10 ]
Rashad Evans 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Forrest Griffin 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Gegard Mousasi 20%  20%  [ 16 ]
Antonio Rogerio Nogueira 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Thiago Silva 5%  5%  [ 4 ]
Luis Arthur Cane 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Ryan Bader 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Randy Couture 11%  11%  [ 9 ]
Rich Franklin 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Keith Jardine 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Vladimir Matyushenko 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Renato "Babalu" Sobral 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Frank Shamrock 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Mark Coleman 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Chuck Lidell 4%  4%  [ 3 ]
Titi Ortiz 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Other (add which one in a reply please) 2%  2%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 82
 Post subject: Re: [Poll] Who is your favourite light heavyweight fighter
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:20 pm 
Site Admin

I must confess i chose my current favos and not who I think are the all time champions or so. I more thought about whom i like of those guys and those three came up first.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:43 pm 

1. Matt Hamill
2. Captain America
3. Rich Franklin

185 - Chael Sonnen (R-Oregon), Hendo, Quarry, Lombard, Marquardt, Lawlor
205 - Hamill, Captain America, Ace Franklin, Bones, King Mo
265 - Grim Rogers, Mir, Anyone fighting Brock, Big Country, Struve

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:51 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:03 pm 

He's in the Middleweight poll.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:42 am 
Site Admin

Or possibly in Brazil?

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:08 am 
Special

My picks:

Lyoto Machida
As others have mentioned a pure Martial Artist. What it is really about, trying to inflict damage without taking any yourself.

Gegard Mousasi
Really looking forward to watching this guys Career progress. A legitimate challenge for Anderson Silva at Middleweight.

Thiago Silva
I can't help but like this guy. Something about him. Has gone through so much to get where he is. I also love his signature after he wins :)

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:36 am 

I realize I didn't explain my picks, so here goes. Sorry for the double post.

1. Matt Hamill - The dude is an inspiration. He's deaf but can speak very fluently, is all heart and is a warrior. The man kept fighting Jon Jones after seperating his shoulder, and unfortunately the fight ended due to his handicap. With blood in his eyes and being deaf, he was basically Helen Keller when dumbass Mazzagatti was asking him questions, did he really think Hamill was going to give him a coherent answer? Ugh, we can go for days about that, but even post-fight, Hamill was all class, saying he didn't win the fight and Bones didn't lose. The dude is absolute class.

2. Randy Couture - C'mon, it's Captain America. How can you not root for the guy?

3. Rich Franklin - All class. Great fighter, great guy. Big humanitarian, fantastic ambassador to the sport. Respected by everyone, even Anderson Silva, who seems to just love the guy, and that's pretty damned rare for a non-Brazilian to get that kind of love from Andy. Plus, the dude stood and traded with Wanderlei, gotta love that.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:59 pm 

Shogun:

Very raw and exciting fighter from the early Pride days until now. He just deserves that belt after the Machida fight!

Forrest:
Personally my favorite of the LHW after seeing him fight @ TUF 1, and winning against Shogun! He's just a chill dude to see. Love his personallity as well!

Jardine:
It's his style and his appearance which always excites me. Too bad he is not doing too well lately. i just hope he keeps his pace @ the LHW division..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:09 pm 

It felt a bit odd that all of my favorites in this division are Pride fighters, considering that I didn't see any videos from that organization until after they had been bought out.

I went with the following:
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson: Personality wise, I find it hard to not root for him. He is playful at the appropriate times and not afraid to cut up on camera. So many fighters want to portray this "I'm a granite soldier" persona at all times. His fighting style is aggressive, he likes to bang and his slams are vicious. I'm looking forward to his return fight with Rashad, but I think that the speed difference might be too much for him.

Shogun Rua: It was easy for any UFC fan to write him off after his first 2 performances in the company. After his knee surgery, he wasn't up to the standard at which people expected him to perform. The first 3 fights I saw from him were the 2 fights with Mark Coleman and the Forrest Griffin bout. After getting into his Pride videos later on, I saw the outstanding talent that he has. His incredible ability to formulate and stick to a game plan in his fight with Machida was brilliant and their rematch will be very interesting.

Antonio "Lil Nog" Nogueira: I don't have a lot of footage on this guy. His record is immense and his domination of Luiz Cane took my breath away. He is rapidly going to climb the ladder in the UFC and I expect him to see a title shot in the first part of 2011 after KO'ing Forrest Griffin and the loser of the Rashad/Rampage fight.

Honorable Mention:
Jon Jones: This guy should be on everybody's list. His rise to stardom is unreal. He handled Matt Hamill and scored a vicious takedown on a guy with an outstanding wrestling base. He dropped such a vicious elbow on Brandon Vera that he fractured his cheekbone in 3 places. Only good things are in front of him.

Forrest Griffin: I think he is going to continue getting put in the cage with Top 10 fighters. He's a very enjoyable fighter to watch and I'm crossing my fingers that we will see him fight Rich Franklin at the end of the fall.

I'm part of the I Hate Rashad Evans club. He shows class in his interviews and he is very well spoken and obviously a good coach. However, I feel like he's putting up a very fake image when cameras are on.

Thiago Silva is sitting on my radar of guys to watch. I do enjoy his style and am interested to see who he is matched up with in his next fight.

..::::..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 5:47 pm 

Machida. great style, strikes, elusive, hope to see him retain the belt decisively in Rua rematch.
Jon 'Bones' Jones. young talent, great to watch, can see him ruling at 205 in the not too distant future.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 26 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next