[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Confirmed: TRON Acquires Major P2P Platform Operator BitTorrent

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:23 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Confirmed: TRON Acquires Major P2P Platform Operator BitTorrent
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:51 pm 
Site Moderator

Hi guys, I just read some exiting news! TRON (TRX) one of the fastest growing cryptocurrencies around have purchased the company that created and runs uTorrent. This could potentially mean that uTorrent could be used for much more exiting things in the future! If you are not already informed about cryptocurrencies it is about time you read up a little. In my humble opinion we will see them as normal in a near future and use them for all kinds of things.

It will not make any difference for you as a uTorrent user, nothing to worry about so to say. But maybe you can use the client to mine some extra cash while seeding in the future or something similar, who knows ;)

Here is the article I read:

TRON’s long-rumoured acquisition of BitTorrent Inc., the operator of popular torrent client uTorrent, has been confirmed by TRON founder Justin Sun in a community letter published July 24.

The BitTorrent protocol launched in 2001 and relies on distributed “seeding’” by users who upload shareable content. In his letter, Sun celebrates the software as “the genesis of the decentralization movement,” a legacy protocol for the blockchain revolution, noting

“Bittorrent is […] the first decentralized Internet protocol with large-scale global application, [which] even today [... ] retains its status as the world’s largest decentralized protocol, once transmitting 40% of daily Internet traffic.”

According to Sun, BitTorrent and TRON will be wholly integrated, with the TRON and BitTorrent teams merging into one. Today’s letter emphasizes their shared vision, which was already indicated by the repeated mention of torrents and explicit reference to BitTorrent in the TRON white paper.

As Cointelegraph has reported, rumors of the acquisition have been circulating since late May, with the inclusion of Sun’s lawsuit against the company for allegedly violating an exclusivity clause in early negotiations. The lawsuit was eventually dismissed, and unconfirmed details surrounding the finalization of the deal surfaced in June.

As of press time, TRON (TRX) is ranked the eleventh largest cryptocurrency globally, trading around $0.04 with a total market capitalization of over $2.3 billion, according to CoinMarketCap.

Source:

Post subject: Re: Confirmed: TRON Acquires Major P2P Platform Operator BitTorrent
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:12 am 

Yeah, I was pretty stoked about this when new uTorrent came out, until they took away all the advanced features. Well, at least on the Mac version. I haven't updated though, because of a site I am on, to the latest edition. But, I believe its still the same, no advanced features. So, what can you do. I am thinking of looking into getting the Windows Version as soon as I install Windows on here tomorrow though. :) hehehe. See if its any better. As I just picked up parallels and windows this week for school. As I need them for my coding classes. As I have to install Eclipse, and a few other programs.

..::::..
..::::..

Post subject: Re: Confirmed: TRON Acquires Major P2P Platform Operator BitTorrent
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:37 pm 
Site Admin

I find that this version for Windows is the best uTorrent ever made. No advertisements and has all important functions.

http://www.oldversion.com/windows/utorrent-2-2-1-2

But if a new client with some kind of crypto related system comes out I will check it out!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:35 pm 

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]