Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:20 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Can I borrow a minute of your time?? Tracker brother in need...
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:47 pm 

Hello everyone, let me get this out of my chest first...I don´t feel very comfortable by doing this, but my economical situation at this time is not the best, so here it is. Also, don´t know if this is the right place to have this, if not, feel free to delete it.

Over the course of the past year, year and a half, I have been running a small but growing Grappling Club, nothing too fancy and such...the idea from the beginning hasn´t been to be rich, but to polish my technique, hook new people into this awesome sport, make it grow in my city and to give back the good things that Grappling has given to me.

Let me tell you a little bit about myself, I have been training Martial Arts for pretty much my entire life and Grappling for the past five years or so...started with Luta Livre and the idea was to open a branch of my old academy in my city. Everything was put into place, but at the last moment I was denied the possiblity to do so (after being told that I could do it), wasn´t allowed to take exams, thus not improving my belt and I was stolen a lot of money by my former instructor. At the time, I was crushed because of what happened, felt that all the work that I put, the time, the energy was practically for nothing. I ended up inside a big depression and I wanted nothing to do with life in general.

A long time after what happened to me, I was aproached by a friend with the idea to start learning Grappling, since I was the only one who knew formally in my city (we are like 10.000 and here it´s only TMA and that´s it), he asked me. At first I was a little bit hessitant, but little by little I started to get comfortable, feeling that I was improving and going back to the place that I was in the past. Started to train in Catch Wrestling, under Submission Arts Wrestling and finally I started my small club.

People have been joining up, but I have reached a point in which what I have is not enough, as you can see on the page, our training space is small...and even so, we have achieved the podium on the few competitions that we have taken part of. Due to the economical state of my country, I am in no position to buy and/or get new mats like we need to.

Like I told you at the beginning, I don´t feel that comfortable by asking this, but at the moment is the only thing that I can think of. In the big scale we aren´t anything, but we are doing our part to make things matter here, but I am in need of help and at this moment any help will be good for me.

Thank you very much for your time and I appreciate the fact tht you have taken the time to read this, cheers!!

Link: https://fundanything.com/en/campaigns/h ... nd-classes

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]