[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - GUESS THAT MOVE !

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:38 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 10 of 12   [ 113 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: GUESS THAT MOVE !
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:56 pm 

Can you guess it??

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:35 pm 

Like the knee-compression/calf-slicer works the opposite of a knee-bar by compressing the joint rather than hyperextending it, this should be the opposite of the arm-bar: the bicep/elbow-slicer/compression/cruncher? Didn't check the site or do any edits this time :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:07 pm 

is it an arm crush?!?!

..::::..

"the difference between our sport and theirs is that they all need one ball to play, we need two. And they better be made of steel!"
-Renzo Gracie

I had a guy saying to me "I can bench press 600 lbs", I said "I can knock you out" - Bas Rutten

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:22 pm 

Correct Noobicide...a bicep slicer, your turn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:32 pm 

This is a variation of the guillotine/front choke, but some instructors have chosen to re-name it due to how differently it is applied. This is the exact choke Nate Diaz finished Marcus Davis with in UFC 118. I'll explain with pics how the setup is different from a normal guillotine choke, and why it is now sometimes called a (your guess here) choke by many no-gi grappling innovators like Eddie Bravo.

Here, you can see my right arm is in deep on the choke position

I place my left palm over my right fist

Close up of the hand position

I finish the choke by flexing my arm and pushing my right thumb to my right shoulder as I rotate my right elbow to my left

It's becoming difficult to find techniques that are more than just different applications of traditional BJJ techniques that certain instructors(prime example: Eddie Bravo) have chosen to re-name due to how differently they can be applied in a no-gi or MMA environment. The instructors at my local Gracie-Barra gym totally dismiss Eddie Bravo's "innovations" as re-namings of techniques that have always been there under a more traditional BJJ style and nomenclature. Nonetheless, to keep this thread challenging, I will be looking for the innovated name of this technique, not simply "a variation of a guillotine" as more traditional BJJ instructors would call it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:20 am 
Site Admin

Congrats Noobicide! :) nice one

Im not sure but I think I saw this move in but I cant remember now what it was called off course...

Just a guess: Chest choke?

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:31 pm 

Here is a pic of the hand position for the chest choke from the guys at lockflow. This looks like what several people in MMA have refered to as the "standing guillotine", the one were you don't pull guard and just arch your back from the standing position to finish.

Damn good guess, but not what I'm looking for. Notice the difference in how the hands are clasped together, and where the elbow is positioned in relation to the other guys throat. Here's more pics of the finish for the choke I'm looking for, set up from the top sprawl position.

The great thing about this variation of the guillotine is even if your opponent takes you down and passes straight into half-guard or side-control, you will still have the choke. Using the traditional guillotine, your opponent would be out danger if he passed to side-control, and even if he ended up in half-guard your guillotine would be less effective. With this choke, your opponent passing to your half-guard or into side-control does not decrease the effectiveness of the choke, it can even make it tighter. You can even gator-roll like with the anaconda/arm-triangle to cinch it in tighter. However, Nate Diaz proved when he subbed Melvin Guillard you can still pull guard with this variation to finish it. Its an extremely flexible innovation on the standard guillotine, isn't it? :D
*Edits to add as many descriptions and examples as possible*

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:27 am 
Site Admin

Looks like hands are clasped together like praying so maybe its called a prayer choke.

LOL thats so funny, I just googled it and it IS prayer choke :lol:

Edit:

Guess its my turn so...

Whats my move? :o :?:

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:31 pm 

Nice job Dent! I've kinda run out of good ideas for now so I'll let some other people have fun with this thread and watch for a while.
*Taps out to Dent crushing my jaw with his foot!* :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:24 pm 
Site Admin

ty ty :)

Hints: curry, sioux, after life

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 10 of 12   [ 113 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next