[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Please avoid low effort uploads!

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:43 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Please avoid low effort uploads!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:14 pm 

I'm not sure where the best place to post this would be, but there seem to be a few 'low effort' tracker submissions lately - eg uploading 'packs' of two torrents that are already linked on the site, reposting torrents with lower resolutions and / or torrents with the files cut into segments.

And please, if people are posting packs then can you include some description of what's in the pack?

I know the admins usually do a great job of removing duplicates, but I'm not sure if some of these get picked up as duplicates or not? I know that more choice is great, and I'm sure there are some people who would prefer 720p files over 1080p. I would rather have 20 people seeding the same torrent than 5 people each seeding slightly different torrents with the same content. Lower seeders make it more likely that the torrents will die, especially for less popular torrents.

Some of these low effort torrents might be getting uploaded by people who are new and want the upload ratio - maybe the admins can point them towards the freeleech files so they can get some ratio from that instead?

This is an awesome site, so let's try to minimise the low effort / upload ratio spams.

Feel free to delete or move this to another place if it's out of place.

Thanks.

..::::..

Last edited by Angstrom on Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: low effort submissions?
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:18 pm 

Yeah, I agree. The guy takes advantage of his VIP status, which is his rights. He bites off than he can chew and as a result floods the trackers with half-assed torrents he got from public trackers as well as fake mega packs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:45 pm 

I dont want to make it all about that one guy, since other people have previously done similar things. But yeah - that one guy is pretty obvious about it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:51 pm 
Site Admin

Hi guys,

@Angstrom your post is absolutely in place and will not be removed. I agree with you that a bigger effort should be made by both uploaders, moderators and admins to avoid these things and to enforce a proper description etc. It's not acceptable to post a lot of torrents with no proper description and without having a proper content.

To all members -> If you think a torrent is somehow violating the rules or in any other way doesn't "fit in" the correct way to go about it is to report the torrent on the tracker. Please don't hesitate to report a torrent if you think it has an issue!

I will take this up with the mods and admins over next days and see what we decide.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: Please avoid low effort uploads!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:00 pm 

The principle should be that if the torrent is available on the site, you shouldn't upload it. The exceptions to that rule would be:

- Different file size
- Different file quality

Packs that try to collect a large quantity of files with a large portion that ARE NOT on the site, as well as files that ARE available, is not inherently wrong in my opinion. People stop seeding eventually, and torrents die. Reuploading them is a benefit to the community.

Let's not forget...the best freeleech material is AWESOME as it is. Low effort packs that DON'T ACTUALLY COLLECT EVERYTHING are a waste of space on the site.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 8:04 pm 
Site Admin

I should mention that MOST uploaders do an awesome job of adding proper descriptions and do a great job in general! Good examples of how it should look is not hard to find. :ymhug:

Not all uploads must have a perfect description, but they should at least have some information about the content. No description at all could lead to a warning in the future. So please keep up the good work everybody!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 10:51 pm 

Thanks Dent!

I think 99% of the uploads are great, and the community make a real effort. It makes it stand out more when someone makes low effort uploads, I guess for the ratio credit.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 11:40 pm 

Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:51 am 

if only i were an admin, i will delete immediately the torrent that contain no description or not proper description,i think the screenshoot of files is a must.and admin make it mandatory on menu when we are uploading.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:03 am 

i think the chapter ed videos should be allowed as i find them the most useful

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next