[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Seed not seeding? Bad ratio?

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:57 pm

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Seed not seeding? Bad ratio?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 10:55 pm 

I leave my client on all night, but it says no one downloads from me. Am I doing something wrong?
thanks

Post subject: Re: seed not seeding? bad ratio?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:03 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

I suggest you read the guides in the guides section of the forum: viewforum.php?f=83

Specifically these three should answer your questions:

[GUIDE] How to get a good ratio? - START HERE
[GUIDE] Build up ratio with a slow upload speed
Seeding, ratio, private tracker... how does it work?

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:53 am 

Hi quintetaki,

I've had a similar issue and it really comes down to the fact there are generally few leechers relative to seeders on most torrents, and those seeders tend to be seedboxes with very fast connections, so your seeding probably isn't needed/being requested by peers. I initially thought something was off in my client config or a firewall issue but I think I've ruled all of that out.

You will still be able to seed things but won't be maxing our your connection. I'm seeding about 60/70 torrents at the moment and only about 3 are uploading and slow.

Make sure your ports are open. Start with all the freeleech torrents and leave those to seed. There is lots of good material available as freeleech too that should keep you busy for ages. If you have the data to spare keep a look out for new torrents people want and help seed them. It will take time, only way to shortcut that is for a donation or if your good at picking winners - enter one of MMA competitions. If you have access to good material that hasn't been uploaded, uploading stuff that is demand would boost your ratio massively.

Try the torrents listed in the forum that are big packs (like the UFC/Pride packs), and maintain discipline with the downloads that are non-freelech. I currently have a bunch of stuff waiting to download but might need to wait a few days for my ratio to recover.

Good luck.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 2:17 am 

That makes sense. I'll keep trying. I donated too. I'm not sure if that helps me out?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:36 am 

Hi quintetaki,

I believe the new member donation gives you VIP for a given amount of time (account can't be disabled for low ratio for a period), and maybe like 25GB or something.

Further donations give GB and invites, see here (https://mma-torrents.com/donate_mem.php). 100 bucks and you get +500GB, 10 invites and 2 yrs VIP. Given the amount of stuff I've downloaded already I'll probably donate further even though I don't need the data. I'm just after BJJ stuff and this place is a goldmine for that.

Cheers.

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]