[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - How to give back to the community!

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:09 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: How to give back to the community!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:39 pm 

love mma, live in the uk, so basically i see all the ppvs, but not really all the great mma shows and documentaries, which are sometimes better than the actual ppv's, they give a real insight into everything.

this site is incredible, it literally has all the shows, and they are more or less uploaded instantly after the show.

so a big thanx to all the people who regularly update and post all the great shows.

now for my problem........ i can download ok, well actually better than ok, its so quick its unbelievable, but the problem is, i want to be able to stay on the site, and to do that i have to give back, and share what i download. i use utorrent, and have just downloaded ufc tonight for example, it took around 5 mins to download, then turns automatically to seeding, am i right?
so i just leave it running to share and build up my ratio, only problem is, my upload speed seems to go at stupid numbers like 0.4 KB/s up to a staggeringly high 1.6 KB/s, which means the file i download in 5 mins, is gonna take around 2 weeks to upload, lol.

what am i doing wrong, its always been the same, films from the pirate bay, music, anything, and now this. im not a leecher, well, i am but i dont wanna be, can someone explain to me how i get my speed up a little so i can give back, surely everyone on here isnt uploading at 0.?? KB/s

what am i doing wrong???

Post subject: Re: cant give back to the community!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:01 am 

Well Im not sure if this will help but what i would do is right click on the torrent being downloaded in utorrent and then go down to bandwidth allocation under that heading click on 'set upload limit' and maybe your limit is set really low, if thats the case just click on unlimited or whatever you want from the options. Another method that i do to keep my ratio up is donating money. It is more then worth it for what you get in return and they have double donations all the time plus it helps with the cost of keeping this amazing site up.
Keep enjoying the site, I know I will

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:31 am 

thanx, for your help, i downloaded 3 mma programmes yesterday, and have left them all run for the last 12 hours, and will let them run for another day or so, and amazingly at times my upload speed was 80KB/s

i just realised 2 things,

give it time, and the speed will go up, and 2, this is a very private site, and also because things download really fast, alot of the time when letting things seed after downloading, people wont be downloading that torrent.

im well on the way to getting my ratio decent instead of terrible.

just gotta be patient and keep them open after download

will defo donate as well.

i saw you can get crazy amounts for like $10

great site, keep up the good work everybody!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:53 pm 
Site Admin

Hi mate!

Its great to hear that you are enjoying the site and like it here :) >You are utmost welcome!

Now to your problems... could you please do my a favour and make a speedtest here http://speedtest.net and post the link to the results so that I could check what connection you are on before I go further in diagnosing what the issue can be?

Thanks in advance :ymcowboy:

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:15 am 

i done a speedtest at the site you provided, i wasnt sure which location to choose, so just went with the recommended one, which was the one closest to me,

i have attached the results.

I have came to the conclusion though that maybe its not so much i cant get good speeds, it just sorta all clicked into place.........

This isnt the pirate bay where millions of people are all trying to download the latest twilight film, this is a closed, private community....

Therefor...if I'm seeding a torrent I have just finished, and it is say.. 200mb in size, 2 things... Firstly, anyone downloading that, is gonna do it super quick due to the private download fast speeds, and secondly that means that even when someone is downloading from me, its not gonna be for very long... Like yesterday I left a torrent open, and maybe for 2 hours nothing happened, then suddenly someone was downloading it off me, and the upload speed was around 60-80KB/s, this was only for around 5-10 mins though, as obviously when they finished, I wasn't uploading to them anymore.

So that leads me to the conclusion, that its best to combine 3 things in order to stay afloat in this great site and community.....

Seed when finished for 2 days at least

Donate

Now I don't know what the feeling is... but am I right in saying that a good ratio is a good ratio no matter how you get it?

I.e is it OK if i lean more towards donating and getting my ratio up, rather than uploading? I will always leave my torrents open, its just that maybe I'm not in a position, broadband wise to be able to upload GB upon GB to people, more like the odd MB or 2, lol.

Please find attached my speedtest results....

And also please look at my ratio, this time yesterday I was in danger of an auto ban.

This site is very valuable, Americans don't know how good they have it with FOX TV etc, its literally a UFC channel. I can only liken it to WWE wrestling in the fact that...

If you only ever watched the PPV's, and never the weekly programmes, you'd miss out on so much gossip, insight, and analysis.

Thats what its like in the UK with UFC.

I can watch all the events, just not any of the shows, but thanks to this site I can get a weekly fix of UFC TV shows and InsideMMA!

Once again, a big thanks to everyone on here, and especially the people who regularly upload the shows i mention!

keep it up!

PS. sorry for such a long post!!!!!!

EDIT , I cant add a jpg of my speedtest results, so my results are as follows:

PING - 39ms

DOWNLOAD SPEED - 6.93Mbps

UPLOAD SPEED - 0.74Mbps

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:13 am 
Site Admin

Mate I love you lol.

You basicly said it better then I can.

Add to what you said that seeding things for a long, and I mean really long time helps. If you are patient and have the torrents seeding sooner or later someone will come along and grab it, and if you are one of the few seeders, or possible the only one, you get a nice ratio boost there.

Also Freeleeches. They are wonderful for ratio, dont forget that.

You could break it down like this:

Either you

* Make uploads. Creates a LOT of upload credit obviously as you are the uploader. Finding either new unreleaed materiel or making packs of released material are smart ways of gaining upload amount.

* Donate. Easy and affordable. For a few bucks you get more then enough credit to download both a few events when they come out and a few instructionals that can be good. And all the while you will be seeding those and gain more upload credit. You are also immune to autoban as donator and can relax completely.

* Think. Use freeleeches. Jump on popular torrents when they are just out. Seed a lot of torrents for a very long time. Use all ways of earning honest upload credit by actually... seeding.

* All of the above. A combination is what pays of most. Make an upload when you can, donate if you have the means, be smart and seed.

Then in what order or how you give back and work with the community so that it all works really doesnt matter.
We all know what we want, so we all just have to try and do our best to keep this going :)

Im glad you asked ^:)^

ps: I highlighted part of your txt and made topic sticky :)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]