[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [Support] Seeding, But no uploading

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:29 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: [Support] Seeding, But no uploading
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:11 pm 

From my experience, it's not really the number of leeches that gets you good ratio, it how soon you can get on a new torrent. This is because you will get a lot of people downloading it, but many will have very restricted upload or won't seed very long.

If you can be one of the first leeches on a new UFC for example, you will earn mad ratio, especially if you have a seedbox or high bandwidth connection.

That's why for new users like us, the "Today's Torrents" page is the most important. From my examination of it, it appears that torrents only stay on that page for 24 or 48 hours. If it's there, you know its very fresh, and if it only has a leech or two, but is a UFC or something else uber-popular, then you are in like Flynn!

Basically, starting out at a private tracker is not about building your collection, it is about building ratio, and the best way to do that is to have patience and not grab anything until something like the next UFC comes out, then START on a torrent like that, rather than grabbing the older stuff you want, THEN trying to build ratio.

It just won't work.

The very first torrent I downloaded here was a 4GB training DVD set that I didn't even want (although after I got it, it turned out to be good :) ) but I was the first leech on it, and I ended up building at least 15GB upload from it. A donation certainly helps in the early days, as I can attest, but its what you do those first few days that set you up for later.

Whatever you do, get it sorted now, otherwise you'll get so deep in the hole that you won't be able to dig your way out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:41 pm 
Special

It's all in baby but basically for the ones with lower upload speeds as they have the hardest time. ;)

..::::..

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:36 am 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:30 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you for your kind words. And we can only get better with good members like we have here ;)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:59 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:24 am 
Special

I understand what you mean with the Health graphic. It is sort of like the egg and the chicken. Which one came first. From ratio point of view you are absolutely right. Then it is better to have an unhealthy torrent. From trackers point of view it is good to have many seeders and less leechers, because in that way all people got the file they wanted and they are happy. Being happy makes it healthy for us as community ;)

You can also moan from excitement btw :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:11 am 

Dear any mod. I got an e-mail for a bad ratio and I'm trying here! I've had a lot of PC problems lately, but I'm back in business. Pleae don't drop the hammer, I love this place :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:17 am 
Site Admin

Hey Jonny, I hear ya. Your ratio isnt looking good. Its not that bad but be careful. We dont personally change any profiles or disable any accounts, its all made by an automated system so please dont feel offended by the warnings etc, nothing personal at all and same rules for all. We also want the members that love the site to stay here off course!
A small donation or some uploads of some previously unuploaded material could sort your problems mate.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:30 pm 

I know this is an old topic, but I had a friend asking me a similar question to this the other day, so thought I'd dig in the forums and see if there was a previous post about this rather than start a new thread. Found this one so figured I'd post a reply so that anyone else with the same type of question might see the responses here as they are all good.

Also, I always find that grabbing any and all NEW freeleach for anyone new to the site is a great way to build your ratio, you may not think it's something you want, but if you see it on the front page and it's freeleach, you should grab it as quickly as you can, because everyone else is going to be doing the same, and it doesn't count a thing toward your download, only your upload, so it's all win-win for the new members in my book! The mods and admins on this site are great about making several uploads a day freeleach so you always have some you can grab to help build that ratio quickly, and don't forget to check here http://foru.mma-torrents.com/viewtopic.php?f=87&t=1513 as well since it is a great place for some older events that are still actively downloaded.

Hope my 2 cents are worth something in helping out here ;)

-Poincy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:37 pm 
Special

Thanks Poincy.

We indeed try to keep people happy by making some uploads freeleech and also try to give as much information as possible to people so they know what problems they might find on the way to happiness. This post was one of them, the guides are another. Also there are of course some extra services that can help people get a better ratio, such as dent's seedboxes or donations. We are not here to become rich and famous, nor to have power over people. We are here to serve a community we feel we can relate to and put our energy into. A smile on someones face is often more rewarding than a buck :ymhug:

In the end however it is basically the users that decide if they can stay by following our advice or not. It all comes down to seeding and not being too greedy by getting all files immediately. Share and we care, that makes our community fun and fair. I think that is a good motto for us all. The longer you seed files the easier it gets for users/seeders and also for us. Because dead torrents will be less, we can release more files and thus spare seedboxes for new uploads and members get better ratio's and seeded files.

And yes Poincy, your contribution to our site is highly appreciated on all levels :ymcowboy:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next