Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:04 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: [Support] Seeding, But no uploading
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:07 pm 

I am currently seeding all the file that I have downloaded.
But Utorrent won't uploading at all while it shows that its seeding?
Does anybody have any idea whats wrong with the setting or speed limit or whatever?
I set both uploading and download speed to be unlimted.
But my uploading speeds would never go any higher than 1 kb/s
Thus, my ratio is dying, please help me!

Post subject: Re: Seeding, But no uploading
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:17 pm 
Site Admin

Hello,

Make sure that the torrents you are seeding have leechers downloading. If they dont its normal that you are not uploading.

Has it always been like this or have you been able to upload earlier?

Are you able to upload to other trackers in higher speeds?

Do you have a firewall or a router that might block the port you are using?

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:33 pm 

Dent wrote:
Hello,

Make sure that the torrents you are seeding have leechers downloading. If they dont its normal that you are not uploading.

Has it always been like this or have you been able to upload earlier?

Are you able to upload to other trackers in higher speeds?

Do you have a firewall or a router that might block the port you are using?

Not sure if there are leechers, Where can I find that because all it shows in utorrent is seed and peer?
but here is a screenshot below.

Yes, it has been like this. The only times that I see the file uploading is when that particular file is downloading. After its done downloading, it would show that its seeding, but it actually not uploading. This is bothering me because its lowering my ratio badly. I dont know what to do, Please help.

When I checked the port and its forwarded properly and I am using Norton Internet Security and it still does not work even though I disabled the Norton.
Please Help!

Attachments:
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg [ 67.13 KiB | Viewed 22362 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:39 pm 
Site Admin

hello again

please go here:

http://speedtest.net and make a test to a server close to your location. When you are done post the result here please.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

Really Fast 1 Gbit seedboxes - Professional support 24/7/365 - Click to learn more
To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2010 11:07 pm 

Dent wrote:
hello again

please go here:

http://speedtest.net and make a test to a server close to your location. When you are done post the result here please.

Thank You for helping!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:43 am 
Special

Hello,

Looking at the printscreen it seems that the files you seed have no leechers or hardly any. From my own experience, having not the best upload speed myself, it is often so that when there is a low rate of leechers it will often lead to low upload speed, even if you have more speed available. Also seeing you have uploaded some stuff I doubt it is your firewall although Norton does have a software based firewall.

The low upload speeds often happen because people with higher upload speeds fill the leecher's download speed. In other words, a glass is being filled by numerous people. Some are using buckets to fill the glass, some use bottles and some use baby bottles. In the end the glass is full and the one with the buckets poured in the most and you with a baby bottle only squeezed in a few drops.

So what you need is a table full of empty glasses and with torrents that means loads of leechers and just a few seeders

There are a few ways to see if there are many leechers on the tracker or in your client and the easiest are:

1 Check out the homepage part called "Latest torrents". There are 2 indications there to find the amount of leechers. The first one is the red numbers underneath the column L. The second one is the health meter. If this is low it means many are leeching.

2 When you select a file to download by clicking on it's filename you get a description etc but you also get this information:

Health:
Seeders: 1
Leechers: 1
Speed: 81.16 KB/s
Completed: 0
Last Checked: 2010-03-19 01:51:17

(there is also a pie graph of seeders/leechers as well)

3 In the utorrent client by selecting the file you seed and then choose the tab peers

When seeds are low and leechers are high you have the biggest chance of uploading with higher speeds as there will be no others filling the gap. That is why long seeding often pays off because people will stop seeding and you will be one of the few or maybe even the only one left. If this file is still wanted by new members they will just download from the few seeders left.

What I would suggest is that you test a file where there are a lot of leechers. The best time is just after an upload to the tracker of a new event like UFC versus 1 in a few days. This attracts many people and thus it will need every upload piece available. The sooner you get in line the bigger chance you have so keep an eye out on files like this.

Also it might be a good idea to check if you have not accidentally put in an upload limit at either Bandwidth, Scheduler in the preference settings or on the file itself (rightclick > bandwidth allocation > set upload limit)

It is also a good idea not to download too much when your ratio is low unless the file is freeleech and choose smaller versions of events because they are finished earlier and do not effect your download amount as much as big files do of course

Another option is of course donating a few bucks to get a better ratio :)

Hope this helps you out and good luck :)

..::Strikeforce Henderson vs. Babalu II Competition Winner::..
..::UFC 119 Competition Winner::..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:28 am 
Site Admin

Dragonfoxy wrote:

The low upload speeds often happen because people with higher upload speeds fill the leecher's download speed. In other words, a glass is being filled by numerous people. Some are using buckets to fill the glass, some use bottles and some use baby bottles. In the end the glass is full and the one with the buckets poured in the most and you with a baby bottle only squeezed in a few drops.

Dragonfoxy this is excellent! Thank you for helping out in a really great way :)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:13 am 

Dragonfoxy wrote:
Hello,

Looking at the printscreen it seems that the files you seed have no leechers or hardly any. From my own experience, having not the best upload speed myself, it is often so that when there is a low rate of leechers it will often lead to low upload speed, even if you have more speed available. Also seeing you have uploaded some stuff I doubt it is your firewall although Norton does have a software based firewall.

So what you need is a table full of empty glasses and with torrents that means loads of leechers and just a few seeders

There are a few ways to see if there are many leechers on the tracker or in your client and the easiest are:

1 Check out the homepage part called "Latest torrents". There are 2 indications there to find the amount of leechers. The first one is the red numbers underneath the column L. The second one is the health meter. If this is low it means many are leeching.

2 When you select a file to download by clicking on it's filename you get a description etc but you also get this information:

Health:
Seeders: 1
Leechers: 1
Speed: 81.16 KB/s
Completed: 0
Last Checked: 2010-03-19 01:51:17

(there is also a pie graph of seeders/leechers as well)

3 In the utorrent client by selecting the file you seed and then choose the tab peers

When seeds are low and leechers are high you have the biggest chance of uploading with higher speeds as there will be no others filling the gap. That is why long seeding often pays off because people will stop seeding and you will be one of the few or maybe even the only one left. If this file is still wanted by new members they will just download from the few seeders left.

What I would suggest is that you test a file where there are a lot of leechers. The best time is just after an upload to the tracker of a new event like UFC versus 1 in a few days. This attracts many people and thus it will need every upload piece available. The sooner you get in line the bigger chance you have so keep an eye out on files like this.

Also it might be a good idea to check if you have not accidentally put in an upload limit at either Bandwidth, Scheduler in the preference settings or on the file itself (rightclick > bandwidth allocation > set upload limit)

It is also a good idea not to download too much when your ratio is low unless the file is freeleech and choose smaller versions of events because they are finished earlier and do not effect your download amount as much as big files do of course

Another option is of course donating a few bucks to get a better ratio :)

Hope this helps you out and good luck :)

This is Excellent and very helpful.
This is exactly the problem
Thank You guys, Dragonfoxy and Dent.

Post subject: Re: [Support] Seeding, But no uploading
PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:09 pm 
Site Admin

Awesome support guys!

Dont you just love it :)

Thx to you too v1etstyl3z

Post subject: Re: [Support] Seeding, But no uploading
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:25 pm 

I have exactly the same problem as vietstyl3z. I am looking for torrents with many leechers, but going here: http://mma-torrents.com/torrents.php?so ... order=desc shows that the torrent with more leechers has only 5 leechers.

This is strange, as this torrent: http://mma-torrents.com/torrents-details.php?id=9046 that I have downloaded, the website says has 0 leechers, but utorrent says it has 6. But utorrent doesn't upload anything. I registered yesterday, I have downloaded 900 MB and I am unable to upload even 1 byte, so I'm afraid it's going to be difficult not to get banned.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next