[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Quinton “Rampage” Jackson: I’m Done Fighting

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:31 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson: I’m Done Fighting
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:17 pm 

Rampage,Just fight already,you know he will be back

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson drops a power bomb via his personal Web site:

“The UFC has done a lot for me but I think I have done more for them … this movie role came about that I have been trying to get for over a year & as soon as I found out I was close to getting it, I called Dana right away & asked to push the Memphis fight back just a month or so. I told him what this movie role meant to me. I told him that I used to bond with my father watching the tv show as a kid when my parents where still married & it represents the memories I had with my father when we lived together. My dad became an alcohalic & addicted to drugs & we grew apart. But after my dad got his life back together, I was so proud of my dad & I told him I would always take care of him in the future & make him proud of me. My dad & I are still very big fans of the show & I am basically doing this for the childhood memories I had spending time in front of the tv with my dad. Dana went on the internet & mocked me because of that & I still did nothing. Dana & I finally talked & we made up & then after that he went back on the internet & said some bullshit & he was talking bad about the movie when information is not even supposed to be released & talking about payments which is not even true could really hurt my future acting career, which could very well last longer than my fighting career. I’m not like Randy Couture. My body has been getting so many different injuries that I wont be able to fight until my forties & neither do I want to fight that long. So I feel like my second career could be in jeopardy.. so I’m done fighting. I’ve been getting negative reviews from the dumb ass fans that don’t pay my bills or put my kids though college. So I’m hanging it up. I’m gonna miss all my loyal fans but hopefully they’ll follow me to my new career & I will gain more loyal fans along the way. & all you hater fans out there can kiss my big black hairy ass! & anybody that don’t like what I just said can come try to kick my ass! I still feel the UFC is a great organization and I felt like I was very loyal to them but they didn’t respect my loyalty but I wish the UFC the best. I did a lot of things for them. I wish no bad blood between us but I have kids & a family back in Memphis to provide for & thats all that matters to me!”

Post subject: Re: Quinton “Rampage” Jackson: I’m Done Fighting
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:16 pm 
Special

Sounds like a complete bitch fest from Rampage to me. He gets an immediate title shot in his second fight against Chuck, makes millions of dollars, and he has something to complain about? Give me a fucking break. How about the time he went on a rampage (no pun intended) in his monster truck and was facing big legal trouble; wasn't that loyalty, and respecting Rampage's loyalty, on the part of the UFC?

Also, people like Rampage and Joe Rogan forget those same "dumb ass" fans are the reason they have money in their pockets and (in Rampage's case) can put their kids through college. But, I guess it's easy to have your own head up your ass when you're making money off of those fans, isn't it? A lot of the so-called "hardcore" retards also forget that those "dumb ass" fans they hate so much are the ones who are going to the events and buying most of the PPVs, rather than finding a way to watch it for free on the Internet.

This situation ought to become very interesting very soon.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:33 pm 
Site Admin

funny thing is that we where talking about him and how much he actually sucks as an actor the other day... From what I heard hes no talent, but hopefully he can learn enough to get some badguy parts here and there.

Kind of spoils this season of TUF too as now all I will think about is how stupid he is instead of enjoying the show.

I respect that he wants to do his thing and act and think about his future etc, but its a deep insult to us fans that really like him to be called dumb asses.

Fuck you Rampage.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:49 am 

Damn Rampage is one of my favorite fighters.

I think some of you guys will never accept that maybe Dana White is just an asshole.

How is it that almost EVERY successful fighter in the UFC sooner or later hates Dana White?

Tito Ortiz
Ken Shamrock
Randy Couture

Just to name a few...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:36 pm 

Sort of agree with BlackSpade.
I have been a (Big)fan of Rampage since way back in Pride. Majority of UFC fans are newcomers to this sport. Dana White and company have done everything possible to shut down any competition by purchasing and or shutting down other MMA promotions. Rampage was an international MMA star well before the UFC shut down the hugely popular Pride promotion. Pride was selling out stadiums twice the size of any UFC event years before MMA was popular here the US. Dana White is a smart businessman but also seems to act like a spoiled prick. He has built up the sport in the US but at the same time is watering down the quality by having big event every three weeks. Profit seems to be more of a factor sometimes.
I hope to see Rampage continue fighting and wish him well if he chooses not to. Remember, MMA was a huge international sport before the UFC went mainstream with Zuffa.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:19 pm 
Special

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:42 pm 

Oh, believe me I agree Dana White is "right" when it comes to what is best FOR THE UFC.

But what is best for the UFC isn't necessarily what is best for the sport, or what is best for the individual fighters themselves.

Dozens of fighters have come out over the years and said the UFC has exploited them. And I disagree that Ken Shamrock is a nut. Ken Shamrock has been on interviews talking about how he has matured over the years. In the beginning, he just wanted to win the next fight, and he took whatever risk he needed to to obtain that win. Later on, he made his money. Now in this point in his life, he has come out and talked about how he feels about his "legacy". How will he be remembered? That's the question on his mind. And as he's gotten to this point he has started to understand how MMA is growing and how there is no organization to take care of old and broken fighters. He draws the parallel between the NFL (and its treatment of old football players) and how the UFC is going through a similar revolution. He says 10 years from now, people are going to start asking questions about fighters and why they have not been taken care of properly. To me, whether you love him or hate him, Ken Shamrock seems pretty sane.

There are other fighters that have come out, after being in the UFC, and had a bad taste in their mouth. Many of them have ended up in other promotions, etc.

Look, I don't fault Dana White. As a President of a company, he is shit hot. He made the UFC (and the sport) what it is today. I just think he should start doing a little bit of soul searching too, and start thinking about the legacy, rather than just being sheer growth motivated. Maybe slow the growth a little, slow the active venue hunting, and start investing in your own infrastructure a little bit. Take better care of the fighters; concentrate on the (SPIKE TV) TUF show more; build a UFC training center, and a *REHAB CENTER* for injured fighters. Do you know how common it is for fighters to perform while injured? They pursue health and wellness on their own, using their own sponsors and their own earnings- something that is only really viable for the very top tier fighters. Low level fighters are like artists, living on mattresses on their floors, and working multiple jobs until they make it. They eat more Ramen noodles than a University student, and they have it rough. Like all performers, only a tiny percentage ever make it to the top level.

All I'm saying is maybe Dana could look inward, and take a little bit of time to take better care of his fighters, instead of being a growth whore.

The way he's dealing with Rampage is like a growth whore CEO, not a friend of fighters or of the sport, and certainly not a friend of the fans- since we all want to see Rampage in the UFC and WE ALSO WANT TO SEE HIM IN THE A-TEAM. More Rampage is better.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:05 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:40 pm 
Site Admin

Lots of intelligent things have been said here since my outburst :mrgreen:

I do understand rampage. After sleeping on it I do understand that he wishes the best for him and his family and that is perfectly ok. What irritated me most was that I am also a (big) fan of Rampage. And hearing him says that the dumb ass fans never did anything for him was too much.
Now thinking about it its just a typical Rampage thing to say and I still like him.
I think he will be back fighting in the UFC soon.

About Dana White... He is both a very smart businessman and has done a lot for MMA, and at the same time I totally agree that its time now to make all those things mentioned before; watch out for fighters and make retirement homes, and all the other things. You cant act like you are being hunted if you are the top of the foodchain. its just not right. I think some soulsearching sounds good hehe. Dana should go to a budhistic moestary for 6 months and think over what he wants to do and what his legacy will be.

Thx guys for some interesting posts :)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:54 pm 

lol @ Dent

"Fuck You Rampage"

couldn't have said it better

guy gets his ass kicked all day long in Japan and comes over here, buys a fur coat, and thinks hes the shit

...TA FUCK AAAAATTTAAA HERE!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next