[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Silva won’t be twisted into a super fight with Machida

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:41 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Silva won’t be twisted into a super fight with Machida
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:05 am 
Special

UFC Quick Quote: Anderson Silva won’t be twisted into a superfight with Lyoto Machida

http://mmamania.com/2009/08/13/ufc-quic ... o-machida/

“I consider Forrest (Griffin) to be a great fighter, a tough guy and there’s nothing bad I can say about him. Thank God I was better, I trained a lot and everything went my way. Of course I would never face Lyoto (Machida). There’s no point in even asking. We have a code of honor and, besides being friends, we’re like brothers. It will never happen. I seek to work hard and seriously. I’m far from being the best in the world. I carry on working hard and serious to keep up the good results. That comes from lots of work and I intend to keep it up, to keep on winning.”

– UFC middleweight champion and seemingly unstoppable light heavyweight, Anderson Silva, tells GracieMag.com that he intends to work hard and win fights — but that he will never fight current UFC 205-pound champion Lyoto Machida, despite UFC President Dana White’s insistence that “He will make that fight happen” if he wants to. The Zuffa brass have recently taken a harder stance on the “friends fighting friends” conundrum and Lorenzo Fertitta even warned that fighters who refuse to compete against a friend or teammate will have to find work elsewhere. While that might be true for some of the mid-card talent, would they be so quick to serve “The Spider” and “The Dragon” their walking papers if they “just say no?”

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]