[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Penn wants Diego Sanchez sooner rather than later

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:25 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Penn wants Diego Sanchez sooner rather than later
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:55 am 
Special

UFC Quick Quote: BJ Penn wants Diego Sanchez sooner rather than later

http://mmamania.com/2009/08/13/ufc-quic ... han-later/

“It’s gonna happen, hopefully within the next two, two-and-a-half months. I’m 30 now and I’m hoping to get a couple of more fights in. I know they say that in MMA, people peak later, but who knows? My whole career, fighting from age 20 to 30, I’ve gotten into real good shape and gotten out of shape and started getting back into shape again. I don’t want to do that anymore. Here I am. I’m in shape. I want to have fun for a couple of days, take some time off, eat some good food, and then I want to get right back into all that stuff…. [Diego is] really good; he’s really explosive. He’s shown that he has some knockout power and he’s a very good grappler. He’s very hungry; he’s shown that he wants to be a champion someday. This is an important fight…. I’d like to get a fight with St. Pierre again, but now that Diego Sanchez is next, once we get the word from Dana White, that’s what we’re gonna be thinkin’ about.”

– UFC Lightweight Champion BJ Penn talks to the Hawaii Tribune Herald about his fight future, including his next title defense against Diego Sanchez. No date for the 155-pound title fight had been announced; however, if the Hawaiian had his druthers he’d like it to happen before 2009 expires. He’s fresh of a submission win over former number one division contender, Kenny Florian, at UFC 101: “Declaration” on Aug. 8. It was his first title defense in more than one year. Despite a fight against Georges St. Pierre earlier this year at 170 pounds, it’s clear that “The Prodigy” doesn’t want to wait that long again to put his belt on the line. The blockbuster year-end pay-per-view (PPV) show perhaps?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]