[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - BJ Penn Is Pretty Sure That Georges St. Pierre Uses Steroids

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:42 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: BJ Penn Is Pretty Sure That Georges St. Pierre Uses Steroids
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:25 pm 
Site Admin

(GSP's fists later tested positive for Asskickazolol and 4-Hydroxyawesome. Photo courtesy of LA Times.)

His greasing crusade never amounted to much, but UFC lightweight champ BJ Penn won't rest until arch-rival Georges St. Pierre is busted for something. In a new interview with Yahoo! Sports, the Prodigy launched yet another explosive accusation:
"It’s just my opinion that he uses steroids. That’s it...I can’t hand you any proof, but that’s my opinion...In my opinion, he doesn’t play by the rules when it comes to steroids and growth hormones and that stuff. Look at him. He’s the worst. He looks like that every day. That’s cheating. There is a reason why there are rules against using steroids. The rest of us, we get fat, then we train and get skinny and the cycle goes over and over again. He looks the same way all the time. Come on.”

Allow us to float an alternate theory: GSP is bigger and stronger than BJ genetically, and works out all year long, and Penn is just saying these things to bait St. Pierre into a third fight that nobody wants to see except Penn himself. I mean, I can't hand you any proof on this, but it's my opinion.

Interestingly, the Yahoo! article in question is titled "Is B.J. Penn misunderstood?", and suggests that maybe he's not the spoiled crybaby that many fans think he is. But these baseless steroid accusations answer that question beyond a shadow of a doubt: No, he's not misunderstood. He's every bit the aggravating, in-denial whiner that we think he is. Give it up, dude. You have a fight in two days.

Semi-related: In this FightHype interview with Firas Zahabi, GSP's head trainer describes the welterweight champ as a "trainaholic" who won't leave the gym, and also reveals a compelling new addition to their camp:
"We have Jon 'Bones' Jones training here at Zahabi MMA and Tri Star Gym, which is my MMA club. So now we have Georges, if he has to get ready for Anderson Silva, he's got a great partner in Jon Bones. He's got the tall, lanky body type, he has incredible Muay Thai; a tricky style of Muay Thai as well and he has the reach like Anderson Silva. I think he would be a very good training partner for Georges if that fight ever happens. Of course, we're going to be training with him whether that fight happens or not. But yeah, we have Jon 'Bones' Jones joining us right now.

I'm going to do my best to mold him. We’re going to be working with Greg Jackson of course and the entire team that works with Georges St. Pierre will be working with Jon Jones. I expect a lot from this kid man. This kid is the real thing. I trained with him this morning and I’ve trained with a lot of fighters; this kid is the real thing. I see a lot of St. Pierre in him!"

Source: http://www.cagepotato.com/bj-penn-prett ... s-steroids

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: BJ Penn Is Pretty Sure That Georges St. Pierre Uses Steroids
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:40 pm 

To be honest it is quite clear that he is on steroids. Cheating is second nature to this man.soon the bubble will burst :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:58 pm 

MY OPINION:

Of course he uses 'roids.

If I were competing on that level I probably would too.

The "science" that says they are harmful is 60+ years old.

Today, a huge percentage of professional athletes uses steroids all around the world, including places where it is legal and not legal.

For those that are against steroids, they can only point to 1 or 2 instances of where some pro athlete goes temporarily insane and kills himself or others.

That is out of the hundreds of thousands, if not millions of people that use them.

Tell me why steroids are illegal to use outside of prescription, despite the fact that there are no recorded deaths associated with them, but meanwhile CIGARETTES are legal, even though they are unquestionably proven to kill millions of people around the world EVERY YEAR.

Its a fuckin' joke in my opinion.

The fact that he uses them does not diminish his abilities. Steroids do not make you fight better; they just help you recover faster after a workout, so you can train harder sooner. It accelerates the rate at which your training benefits you. Thus a man who trains for 1 year with steroids properly administered will be physically the equivalent of someone who trains withOUT steroids for 2, 3 or maybe even 4 years, in terms of muscle strength, results in conditioning, muscular coordination and athleticism. Of course that isn't a precise number, but just based on my own observation and research.

As for the "side effects" of steroid use, it is mostly bullshit, since most of the side effects come from steroid ABUSE, not steroid use. It is the guys that take way too much for way too long that grow female breasts and get testicular cancer and all of that. But again, which is worse: someone taking too much testosterone, or someone eating too many french fries and hot dogs? I would say the french fries will kill you faster. And of course with today's "underground" research on steroids, most- if not all- of the side effects can be combated successfully with other compounds that allow the body to metabolize all of the hormones properly. In other words, the entire world body of athletes is an enormous pool of proof that steroids can be used safely and successfully to enhance performance.

None of what I said takes away from the fact that it is illegal. My view is not that people should break the law. My view is that those who write the laws should update themselves on the enormous volumes of research available in today's modern world, and stop turning a blind eye to the benefits of hormone replacement therapy, etc. And of course, if someone is breaking the "rules" in MMA, they should be caught, fined, and stripped of the belt. And if we- the fans- and "we The People" don't like it, then we need to change the "rules" and change the "laws" that are based on outdated materials and information.

Last of all, BJ Penn needs to STFU about his loss to GSP and move on, in my opinion. Talking about steroids is moving the blame for being out of shape away from himself. BJ Penn's diet needs adjustment, and so does his training regimen, if he gets gassed in a bout, and that has been his reputation, whether deservedly or not.

Last edited by BlackSpade on Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:08 pm 
Site Admin

When LARMORE comes around there is going to be smoke and heat coming out of this post ;)

Remember we post news, not our opinions, thats up to you :)

I persnally think its up to other then the fighters to make sure the rules and controlls are so frequent and hard the usage of steroids would be harder to disguise.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:33 pm 
Special

BJ is really helping to dispel his bad reputation, isn't he?

Just when I try to like the guy, he opens his spoiled mouth again.

GSP beat him twice. He needs to get over it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:42 pm 

Well GSP cheated against him twice I think! In fair match up GSP would be whooped sensless!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:46 pm 
Site Admin

I think GSP vs BJ III is going to happen.

because I know dana, and dana knows the smell of money better then anything else.

And where, well why not in hawaii this time.

Woulc pack the areana and make record on canadian PPV and over al PPV.

Maybe its all a big plan to make more hype and for BJ to get a second chance and hes actually smarter then we think...

But those are mere speculations ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:47 pm 
Special

If, for some dumb reason, Dana feels GSP needs to beat the hell out of BJ a third time, I hope GSP knocks BJ out cold.

Then, the excuse will be "I was caught" or "I was gassed (again)" or "GSP had something in his gloves, hez a cheatr!"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:48 pm 
Site Admin

we´ll see what happens after Kenny Florini ;)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:50 pm 
Site Admin

and by the way, Jon Jones is going to be a monster with that trainingcamp!!!!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next