[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Vernon Forrest 1971-2009

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:49 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Vernon Forrest 1971-2009
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:57 am 
Site Admin

We are sad to report that former world champion Vernon Forrest was tragically and senselessly murdered at about 11PM on Saturday night in Atlanta during an attempted robbery at a gas station. Reportedly Forrest had stopped to put air in the tire of his late model Jaguar when he was robbed at gunpoint. Forrest, 38, was also armed and pursued but another assailant was hiding and ambushed the champion. According to Atlanta police, Forrest was shot multiple times with a semi-automatic weapon.

source: http://www.fightnews.com/?p=18616

:(

I hate guns / dent

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: Vernon Forrest 1971-2009
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:39 pm 
Special

This is terrible !!!

R.I.P.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:05 pm 

Guns have a purpose, but not against a guy that trained the better part of his life to fight hand to hand. That's just unfair and a huge tragedy.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:51 pm 

R.I.P :cry:

only cowards use wepons

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:59 am 
Special

Poor guy, wrong place wrong time :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:17 am 
Site Admin

Guns have only one purpose. To kill.

I wish all wars where fought hand to hand and no weapons existed. I dont see any positive purpose of guns. We dont need them to hunt as we dont really need to hunt, specially as we dont really need to eat meat either actually, its just a bad habit human took when we didnt have anything else to chew on. And we certainly dont need them to shoot other humans with. And dont come with no crap about defending yourself etc, thats bullshit because if there where no guns from the start you could very well defend yourself in other ways without guns and often without killing humans.

Now the weapon manufacturers and the politicians are to blame and they will be the first we throw in the cage and do rarenaked chokes on til they sleep 4 ever when the revolution comes!

I agree that this and all other similar tragedys are terrible.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:56 am 

It's true, firearms are weapons of war. But I have to blame those who use them. I think people have the responsibility to cultivate life, and not take it. So it isn't so much the widespread ownership or use of weapons that makes me upset, but that people are so callous and unthinking in regards to human life.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:59 am 
Site Admin

Yep you are right. I choose not to do the military service even if i was more then qualifyed. And my only motivation was that I refused to learn how to use a weapon with the purpose of killing another human being. It wasnt easy but eventually i got out of it with the aproovement of the shrink. I come from a family of hunters and have always had weapons around and i know how to use them, and I would lie if i said that i dont aprichiate the power and technical invention that is a gun or a rifle, but it doesnt mean that I dont think that in todays society its sane to conciously take distance from using or learning how to use guns for murdering purposes.

I guess that all the death and war and murder for money and oil simply makes me so sad i started to hate the guns and what they represent, hence my agressive anti-guns speaches ;)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]