[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Matt Hughes Blames Bad Coaching On Evans Loss To Machida

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:18 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Matt Hughes Blames Bad Coaching On Evans Loss To Machida
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:05 am 
Special

Saturday, June 6, 2009
Matt Hughes Blames Bad Coaching On Evans Loss To Machida

MMANEWS.COM

Matt Hughes gives his thoughts via his blog on the UFC 98 main event between Rashad Evans and Lyoto Machida:

“I went back and watched the Rashad fight again, and I think it comes down to bad coaching. In the prefight press conference, I heard Rashad say that he didn’t bring anybody in who would resemble Machida’s style. When I heard that, I knew that there might be some problems. That is probably a big reason why Rashad didn’t do very well in the striking area. I also think Rashad should have been coached on using his wrestling talent. He didn’t shoot one takedown that I can remember and he just made it a sparring match. If I was to coach Rashad against Machida, I would have told him to make it a fight, use his wrestling and groundwork to really dictate the match. Not just go out and spar with him. I think Rashad could have done a lot better in that fight. I’m not saying he should have won, but he’s a lot better than he showed on Saturday.”

http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Matt-Hughes- ... chida.html

Post subject: Re: Matt Hughes Blames Bad Coaching On Evans Loss To Machida
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:11 am 
Special

I have to agree, somewhat. Rashad didn't go for a single takedown the entire time. It probably wouldn't have mattered, anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 2:56 am 
Site Admin

Yes I hear you, but still his head coach babbled a lot about trying to find a good gameplan in interviews and countdown, they where not exactly unprepared and they knew what they where going up against. And his coaches in general are considered top knotch world class MMA coaches...

Is Machida really just that elusive and skilled that the fighters go out and cant execute their gameplan? He brakes their concentration and is fast at a lightining when he strikes.
Maybe they should have more then one gameplan in store or try to trick Machida in some way to be able to defeat him?!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:08 am 
Special

He should have definitely taken him down, I would guess he would have had more of a chance with some ground-n-pound, bouncing some heads off the canvas ala Forest Griffin style :P.

..::::..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:16 am 
Special

Let me try this again: :)

Greg Jackson is just about as good as it gets when it comes to gameplan formulations; That's why I said I agreed "somewhat".

It likely has more to do with Machida's speed, accuracy and timing than any gameplan that could be devised, but the complete lack of a takedown attempt puzzles me. I don't think Rashad landed a single significant punch or kick the entire fight. Most people would have retreated to their strength, which would have been wresting for Rashad. Maybe Rashad doesn't have a "retreat reflex" (for lack of a better description)?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:39 am 
Site Admin

I think they went for the knockout for some reason...

I agree with what you said. And I think that machida is pretty good on the ground on top of all, was watching the unaired fight from UFC 67 Machida vs Sam Hogar from TUF today and he was dominating him on the ground as well as standing up even if Sam did a good fight.

You can find it here:

Lyoto machida vs. Sam Hogar Unaired UFC 67 XviD
http://mma-torrents.com/torrents-detail ... 3250&hit=1

Lets see what happens after Rua vs Machida and Rampage vs Sugar

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:20 am 
Special

Machida has a very underrated ground game. I think he could take Anderson Silva on the ground and Silva is no joke.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:26 am 
Special

Thing is that big camps are prepared more than we know before such big fights. They have probably informed themselves what Machida can and what he can't do that good. However there is another factor beside someone's technique, psychology. You can be as good as you want but if you aren't mentally in the game it won't be good.
Best example I know is Cro Cop. He went to fight Randleman totaly relaxed and lost, for rematch he was different. Since he is featured in media here, before every fight you can see his mood at airport and slightly know what to expect.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]