[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Marcus Jones MMA Career Short and not so sweet

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:27 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Marcus Jones MMA Career Short and not so sweet
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:31 pm 
Special

..::::..

Post subject: Re: Marcus Jones MMA Career Short and not so sweet
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:51 am 
Site Admin

Surprisingly weak chin for such a massive fellow!

Well at least he did a decent job, it could have been worse.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:32 pm 

He was a nice guy and as I mentioned a while back, he did not seem to have the killer instinct for MMA.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:43 pm 
Special

Too bad. I really like the guy and I hoped we'd see more from him.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:43 pm 

I am sure he could take out Bob Sapp....but his striking was so weak....I was so surprised by his ground game. He was really good on the microphone too, when I saw him on MMA Live (on ESPN) I was really surprised how smooth he was on the microphone...I'm sure he picked this up from being an NFL player.

After Wes Shivers went down, he was the NFL player I was hoping for. I am sure he doesn't need the money, and doesn't want to fight in backyard shows around the states. He was pretty entertaining...but after his lose to Mitrone, this is what I expected.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:40 am 
Special

Saw this coming. Unfortunately, his chin is too glassy to have a long career in the UFC. However, he's big and powerful enough that with some solid striking defense training and more experience, he could have probably worked around his glass jaw. After all, they have to hit it if they want to put him down.

If he had started 10 years ago, he would have been a BEAST. His ground skills and his GnP are devastating.

I hope to see him at ADCC and Grappler's Quest in the future. It's a shame, too. He would have been a real asset against the nay-sayers of the sport. He's just such a great guy.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]